project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Jun 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-21, 03:25   #661
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Battlefield 3 (v2) (PC/Console Game)

Debby Downers. Can't please the PR community now can we?

Old 2011-07-21, 04:11   #662
Qaiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
That's not my point. My point is, is that those are in the game in the first place, and they shouldn't be.
Then how would the noobs survive unless I'm there pointing out the snipers and tanks for them?
The other players are worthless, you need to hold their hand and tell them what to do, otherwise they just run around in circles and blow themselves up.

Gamers today are not our generation. They never played a game where you actually had to think, so they don't know how to do it.
All they do is twitter and derp, and if the game doesn't tell them exactly what to do, and basically point out where all the enemies are, they can't figure it out in a million years.

Old 2011-07-21, 04:25   #663
Desertfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
That's not my point. My point is, is that those are in the game in the first place, and they shouldn't be.
Why? Please do tell me why.

This is not ARMA, this is not PR this is an FPS that is designed for the MASSES and not the hardcore "this ironsight is off 5mm" type of people.

Old 2011-07-21, 04:26   #664
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

We're not the masses though. Kinda obvious that such responses come from this audience.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2011-07-21, 05:14   #665
Nebsif
Supporting Member

3D spotting.. aiming at a guy and clicking LMB is only 30% of the job, at least in a game with such easy wep handling, the other 70% is actually finding a guy to shoot at and the game does that for u with legalized hax. Its the same as having aim assist and NO spotting on PC.
Why do newbies have a hard time in PR? Cuz they cant even understand where theyre gettin shot from.
=(

Battlefield Bad Company 3, learning curve = none.

Old 2011-07-21, 05:34   #666
Qaiex

One of the main things about videogames throughout the ages has been that they are difficult.
They're hard to learn, they're hard to complete, and the hand-eye coordination takes time and practice to master.

That intimidated a lot of people, who were afraid to try it because of this.

Solution? Remove the difficulty, remove the learning curve, and nowadays, remove the controller.
And lo and behold, videogames are a huge industry and people's parents and grandparents are playing these days.

At the expense of us who liked the challenge.
But we'll just have to deal with it. Play Demon's Souls, Project Reality, and deal with it.

Old 2011-07-21, 08:07   #667
dtacs
Supporting Member

I for one, think it looks awesome and am looking forward to total spam, imbalanced weapons and intense fights.

Everything I could want in the BF2 sequel tbh.
Old 2011-07-21, 09:46   #668
Cheditor

I believe Battlefield 3 is going to be good, but I really hope the developers stop trying to say "its a real sequel to Bf2" it just really isn't in any aspect. The mini map and general HUD is just ripped out of BC, sounds like the M-COM alarm etc among other things.
It is going to be a fun game but no where near the sequel they keep blabbering on about.

Old 2011-07-21, 09:51   #669
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Confirmed for BFBC3.

Old 2011-07-21, 10:05   #670
Polka

Well go create a better sequel yourself then you guise :3

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, battlefield, bf3, caspian, field, game, leaked, pc or console, question, quick, screenshots, sea, trial