project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Sep 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2022-03-05, 13:45   #1
Brotherscompany
Default Add fog to Saarema INF for diferent gameplay

Hi guys, hope you are doing well!

So the title says it, l think it would definitely be a interesting addition to add fog which could complement layout gameplay since its iron sights only which already promotes pure CQB, team coordination and tactical movement.

After playing Dovre_Winter ALT with a intense Blizzard which made it good for the infantry gameplay in my experience, l thought this layout which is loads of fun from the amount of times l have seen it being run, could definitely stand out if it had a gimmick feature as a reason to be played

I leave it to you guys to consider how thick the fog would be a light fog, or a intense fog that blocks your view starting medium range. I

I hope this suggestion is taken into consideration since it's barely played l dont think anyone would be mad with a change
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-06, 08:25   #2
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Add fog to Saarema INF for diferent gameplay

Why though, most of the views are already obstructed by trees.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-06, 14:36   #3
Brotherscompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
It could give a slightly different envoirrmental experience in the INF layout than the one offered by the others layouts in the same map and gimmick reason to be played. At least in my head it would be cool fighting in a forest with a light fog since scopes arent issued in this layout l dont think it would exactly bring frustration of being shot not only from bushes by by something you cant even see as well because the dude could see you coming miles away. It would be nice to see other people sharing their opinions by disagreeing or disagreeing.

Dovre is the only map from the top of my head that has this (Khami LRG with the fog and a different sky color changes a bit of the gameplay by forcing assets closer with limited FOV) and it gives a slight different experience of gameplay, night layouts although cool in concept bring a lot of frustration due to unfair advantages so cant really be taken into consideration most often than not so it would be nice to increase envoirrmental possibilities
Old 2022-03-07, 02:23   #4
Grump/Gump.45

Exclamation Re: Add fog to Saarema INF for diferent gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post

Yes, add FOG with a day and a night layer, this way between fog and vegetation the gamma changers have less advantage. No more than 50 meter visibility, I would be fine with 20 meters. We have the map so we don't get lost.

Change the combat, experiment. Just like the concept behind Kafr Halab Ins vs Ins makes it interesting layout. Not seeing anything or making it hard to see is a game mode in itself.

Make the fog make it interesting with paranoia, I want to use positioning tactics to make them walk right into us. Fog is a early morning weather condition. I am sure when the humidity and temperature get just right island is covered in fog some days. See how much the layout gets played.

Some will love it, some will hate it. Learn to love. Make it go from accurate fire reliant to suppression reliant dominant.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-07, 09:33   #5
UncleSmek

Adding fog to saareema inf is a really good idea.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-07, 12:35   #6
[R-CON]​Unicode
PR:BF2 Contributor
PR Server License Moderator

Not a bad idea, it could get a different time of day as well, just like Burning Sands Inf.
Unicode is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-07, 12:57   #7
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicode View Post
Not a bad idea, it could get a different time of day as well, just like Burning Sands Inf.
Ahhh nice, Saaremaa Sunrise

While we're at it, it could also use a bit more tickets, only gets 400 right now.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-07, 13:04   #8
Brotherscompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicode View Post
Aw man PLS if the mappers think it might be a good addition as well, l didn't mention because l wasn't aware how much work would had to be placed into it

Quote:
While we're at it, it could also use a bit more tickets, only gets 400 right now.
This as well the map seems to finish a bit too soon
Old 2022-03-08, 09:46   #9
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
Ahhh nice, Saaremaa Sunrise

For sure, Inf maps should be atleast 600... around 400 is where things start to get dirty and you fight in blood and mud over 200 tickets haha
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-11, 13:56   #10
Brotherscompany

Bumpi

So any update id this will be even taken into consideration? Could be a fun addition shouldn't be too much work to implement. Just look how differently Black Gold looks like in the INF layout, imagine the impact in gameplay