project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
29 Nov 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2020-05-28, 23:01   #1
Redline.ss
Default Make deploying assets visable (safer)

First off, I don't mean a preview of whats going to be built (fortnite structures,tf2 turrets). I know that isn't possible, so please don't lock without reading. I did search for this.

It seems like when you deploy an emplacement the actual model or base of the emplacement is dropped in front of you and slides until it finds a spot it can stick and this model is invisible until it lands but it still has collision.

Instead of that model being invisible could it be maybe a different texture or color, maybe like a transparent blue? That way you at least see whats about to crush you and maybe just give you enough time to dodge it.

Thanks
Redline.ss is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-28, 23:39   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Make deploying assets visable (safer)

Nice theory, but its not what happens.
We spawn an invisible object with collision, if the game decides the object is blocked and spawns it elsewhere, we don't continue to spawn the real object.
There aren't any moving parts. If you see the fake object it already crushed you. It can't damage you after spawning as its set to not have "dynamic" physics
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-29, 20:19   #3
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline.ss View Post
First off, I don't mean a preview of whats going to be built (fortnite structures,tf2 turrets). I know that isn't possible, so please don't lock without reading. I did search for this.

It seems like when you deploy an emplacement the actual model or base of the emplacement is dropped in front of you and slides until it finds a spot it can stick and this model is invisible until it lands but it still has collision.

Instead of that model being invisible could it be maybe a different texture or color, maybe like a transparent blue? That way you at least see whats about to crush you and maybe just give you enough time to dodge it.

Thanks
Or simply have no collision until it is actually placed?
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-29, 20:31   #4
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
Which means the engine isn't going to tell us if its a valid position.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-29, 21:59   #5
Redline.ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
I figured if it was possible they would have done the no collision thing already.

Oh well.

Could they be made to deploy a little farther away so you're not so close to the crush zone? I think they deploy about 5m in front of you, maybe 8-10 would work better? If you have only 5m to place something you're asking to be crushed anyway(alleyways, buildings).
Last edited by Redline.ss; 2020-05-29 at 22:04..