project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
04 Dec 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2020-07-31, 17:13   #1
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Suggestion for use of "Move Forum Post"

Any reason new suggestion threads posted in the incorrect forum cannot be simply moved to the correct forum section instead of being closed? Is there a serious problem with too many suggestions not being put in that proper forum section that you all need to enforce it by summarily closing them outright as opposed to taking a few seconds to work, to maybe move it to the correct forum section and maybe toss in a note as a warning rather than an end/close/lock?

Making a post stating "closed", hitting reply, and then hitting the close/lock button on the thread surely is about the same time to move a thread in vBulletin, correct?

Not trying to be "that guy", just suggesting a productive alternative to shutting ideas down. Maybe you're doing this to specific members who habitually disregard the clearly labeled forum section, if so, I apologize. Totally understandable some (or many) ideas will only ever get lip service and may not even be feasible, and must get frustrating to constantly say things like, 'we're not interested in changing THIS or THAT' ... the PR Mod is not alone in that regard.

It just seems "off" given the many friendly people here at PR, and on the PR Team. Just saying, is all. Much love from VG! Keep up the great work!!!

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-31, 22:09   #2
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Default Re: Suggestion for use of "Move Forum Post"

Thanks for your feedback. The reason for immediate closure is that suggestions on the suggestions forums need to be approved manually. So we want people to go through the process outlined here and not get around it

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-01, 04:26   #3
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Suggestion for use of "Move Forum Post"

I totally understand, and I apologize if I've overstepped by making my suggestion. I don't want to seem like I'm telling anyone their job, that was not ever my intent. Cheers, brother!

I think everyone really appreciates you all keeping your forums clean of drama and such. I also get that moving it might bypass the approval process system, or whatever, and that's not my place to question, no worries at all - my bad. It seemed off which is why I posted, and I already regret it (not the type to tell people what to do/how to do it). Thank you for your reply!

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote