project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
20 May 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2018-03-18, 22:00   #1
userNo99
Default File Management Issue

I sent this as a PM to several devs before I could verify my email. Now that it's verified, I'm reposting this headache here. PLEASE READ DEVELOPERS.

--------------------------

I'm extremely frustrated right now and I hope one of you will hear me out. One of the game files became corrupted, but what's really frustrating is that I can't use the update feature to repair the game files. Why just verify when you can verify and repair? As it stands there's no way for me to fix this file aside from redownloading the entire almost 10 GB game, which is an utter waste of time. Besides that, the stupid forum won't even send me an email verification so I can't even post this in the bugs/suggestions.

1. Update needs to have repair feature
2. Verification should have a repair option when a file fails
3. Use GMAIL as your email backend, it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to send verification

I apologize for my anger, but hopefully you can see why I'm so upset. I just wanted to hop on and play some PR and now I have to go through this whole rigamarole. Just because a 1 became a 0 in a 10 KB dll, I have to redownload a 10 GB iso.

Thank you for hearing me out, please forward this to whomever can do something about it. Sorry for ranting.
userNo99 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 04:38   #2
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: File Management Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by userNo99 View Post
I sent this as a PM to several devs before I could verify my email. Now that it's verified, I'm reposting this headache here. PLEASE READ DEVELOPERS.

--------------------------

I'm extremely frustrated right now and I hope one of you will hear me out. One of the game files became corrupted, but what's really frustrating is that I can't use the update feature to repair the game files. Why just verify when you can verify and repair? As it stands there's no way for me to fix this file aside from redownloading the entire almost 10 GB game, which is an utter waste of time. Besides that, the stupid forum won't even send me an email verification so I can't even post this in the bugs/suggestions.

1. Update needs to have repair feature
2. Verification should have a repair option when a file fails
3. Use GMAIL as your email backend, it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to send verification

I apologize for my anger, but hopefully you can see why I'm so upset. I just wanted to hop on and play some PR and now I have to go through this whole rigamarole. Just because a 1 became a 0 in a 10 KB dll, I have to redownload a 10 GB iso.

Thank you for hearing me out, please forward this to whomever can do something about it. Sorry for ranting.
what file is it that got corrupted?

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 03:23   #3
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: File Management Issue

We can send you a copy of it.

Which file is it?

Arab is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
file, issue, management