project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
26 May 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Closed Thread

Old 2015-08-06, 13:12   #21
potatochan
Default Re: Randomly removing posts because why not?

You are not the first one to post this Tutorial and the previous Thread got removed aswell for a good Reason stated in this thread already. Personally as Server Moderator I don't want to deal with the Music spammers anymore on round beginning/ending most people just blast shit through their virtual mic's. I'm glad this is not endorsed anymore in this community.

btw, I used to play Music aswell. It's cool sometimes and funny but it gets annoying really fast especially when people find out how to do it easy with a tutorial.

Last edited by [R-CON]potatochan; 2015-08-06 at 13:18..
Old 2015-08-06, 13:13   #22
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaiper View Post
Forum rules, but, we could also put there individual community/server rules are they very much differ from server to server. I and a lot of people, on a lot of servers, have been letting music play through Mumble and have been enjoying ourselves, and yet that enjoyment is apparently a problem to you. Or you just like to asslick admins.
There is nothing worse than continuus mumble (or music) spam during briefing times. Nobody minds the occasional short music played in local during the round, but the cons outweigh the pros.

Old 2015-08-06, 13:15   #23
Snaiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]camo View Post
Just to clarify, i didn't personally remove your post. Only gave the probable reason.
I know you didn't. I don't believe you're in position to do so, sorry if "you" feels directed at you, but, it's, actually, directed to the party that removed it without telling me why, without giving me a chance to modify it, without any warning or anything. An hour of work for something highly requested - lost because someone felt anal about it.
Old 2015-08-06, 13:19   #24
Snaiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
There is nothing worse than continuus mumble (or music) spam during briefing times. Nobody minds the occasional short music played in local during the round, but the cons outweigh the pros.
And the cons are?
Enjoyment?
Entertainment?
Adrenaline boost?
Having fun?

Those are all pros.

The only con is the same that goes for anything: it can be abused.

But I find it easier to tap my mic so it creates loud noises, than actually letting music play whilst holding a key, which i have to listen to myself along everyone else. But, they don't have to, there is a simple mute button implemented in the mod.
Old 2015-08-06, 13:20   #25
Cossack
Supporting Member

Quote:
Forum rules, but, we could also put there individual community/server rules are they very much differ from server to server. I and a lot of people, on a lot of servers, have been letting music play through Mumble and have been enjoying ourselves, and yet that enjoyment is apparently a problem to you. Or you just like to asslick admins.
So, please provide reference, what rule is broken by DEV's?

You can go and enjoy yourself as much as you want.

Anyway,

Nice troll 10/10.

Old 2015-08-06, 13:21   #26
Spook
Supporting Member

Devs don't have the source code either, it doesn't stop them from modding though.

Quote:
I love how developers here keep blaming everything on the core game and yet these issues only keep appearing in the mod.
Dat logic.

Stop talking about things you have no idea about before embarassing yourself even more.

Old 2015-08-06, 13:22   #27
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

As Tirak pointed out already we have rules that allow us to remove threads like yours.
Quote:
Section 6: Project Reality Rights

The forums are a privately funded, privately operated, unofficial, closed community forum. It is not an open public community forum where "free speech" is a right. Our approach has always been, and remains to only intervene in order to ensure the smooth running of the forums or when users breach the above policies. However, there may be occasions where we need to intervene for reasons beyond the scope of the policies listed on this page and we reserve the unconditional right to do so in order to protect ourselves, our users and the goals of the site itself.

The administrators and moderators reserve the right to edit or remove posts, access private communications (including private messages) and intervene in communication between users.

The administrators and moderators reserve the right to edit, ban or delete user accounts and profiles at their discretion without giving prior warning.
And with that this discussion is over

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Old 2015-08-06, 13:35   #28
Rabbit

Mumble doesn't exist for you to spam music, its to communicate which is a huge part of the game, muting it for you stupid fucking music goes against a core aspect of the game.

I am locking anymore threads you make on this.

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Old 2015-08-06, 22:04   #29
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired - Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10...usic-game.html

Took me an hour to make this.
It was casually removed from existence.

Why? Because some spastic idiot felt anally about it?

If a rule were violated, I would be notified about it with an infraction, but, no, this was silently removed in hopes no one would notice. So, why the fuck is PR moderation team failing to enforce rules properly?

It's nice to see that PR administration is doing everything they can to help people by removing tutorials from forums!

So, someone care to explain idiocy behind this? And, yeah, I'm pretty pissed, and you would be if you were working an hour or more on something to help people, since it was widely requested, and then some moron decided to remove it for any but valid reason.

The original post: http://pastebin.com/zZXGur9T
Though, some things have been modified and added later, after this paste.
Thanks for calling me a spastic idiot and a moron.

I would normally give you a nice long break from PR for that, but because I am diligent, I just had a quick look, and it turns out that regular forum folk like yourself don't see the deletion reason when a thread is deleted. I was mistaken, it just disappears like you said. That's a bit unfortunate, I agree. So I'll forgive you for the complete lack of respect, but I will suggest you take a read of the forum rules so it doesn't happen again.

The thread was deleted because it was providing a tutorial to perform a task that is widely discouraged and is actually against some servers' rules. I do not wish to see more people take up the role of being the "music guy" in the squad, instead of actually playing the game. Music over PRMumble, believe it or not, does actually prevent the game from being played properly, as voice comms can't be transmitted clearly. If you want to play music, go for it, nothing wrong with that, but play it to yourself.

As for your other follow up threads, they were deleted by [R-DEV]Mats391 for duplicate posts of deleted content.

So, if you don't agree with that reasoning, well I'm sorry, but unfortunately that's how it is. Feel free to go somewhere else if you want to practice your sweet DJ skills, we won't stop you from leaving. I really do hope though that you can learn from your mistakes and continue to play Project Reality the way it was intended to be played

Last edited by [R-DEV]AncientMan; 2015-08-06 at 22:10..
Closed Thread

Tags
posts, randomly, removing