project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Dec 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2022-09-23, 15:48   #1
TheSpaghettiGamer
Question Weird

So yeah this basically should be like belong the the tech sup forums but a questions, though I have 2 laptops one was the really old amd junk laptop which and the other one as the High end not gaming laptop but the thing is the old laptop though with some 100 or 200 ping works like fine but the other laptop with high end but not a gaming laptop fricking has some ping issue, at one case I joined =SEA= server coop that was really near to my country and had less ping numbers but somehow on the high end laptop it's really unplayable as the "Server connection issue" appeared every single or 2 second like really? A laptop that has the latest intel i3 11th gen with 8 gb ram that can literally play every modern games then project reality (no offense really, it's a fun game not kidding) on mid graphics with a smooth 50 to 60 fps not play project reality cause of it's ping

Oh and here's the other laptop specs:

Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz 2.90 GHz
Ram: 8.00 GB (7.65 GB usable)
Windows 11 64bit/ latest drivers
Graphics: Intel(R) UHD graphics
TheSpaghettiGamer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-23, 15:49   #2
TheSpaghettiGamer
Default Re: Weird

And if you question, why not play on the other laptop with the latest setup. The thing is no it's limited
Old 2022-09-23, 17:36   #3
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

So, what is the speed of the wifi connection you're trying to use for gaming on this non-gaming laptop?

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 05:35   #4
TheSpaghettiGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
So, what is the speed of the wifi connection you're trying to use for gaming on this non-gaming laptop?
Around 90 to 100 mbps
Old 2022-09-24, 17:27   #5
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Well that just goes to show that a wired connection will always be more preferable (at least for you) than WiFi, and also that it's not all about the average upload and download speed, but also latency, etc. I'd recommend getting an ethernet cable long enough to go from your modem/router directly to your laptop, and to stop trying to use WiFi for a good online gaming experience - it's just not suited for it.

Best wishes and good luck!

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-25, 11:40   #6
[R-CON]​LangMaster
PR:BF2 Contributor

I do recommend the wired connection aswell, i have recently seen the difference between the network hardware that is inside a PC or notebook, friend of mine and me were playing with notebooks on same network while my was downloading 30mbs per second which he was stuck at 5, it is very possible the other one has better wifi module which can result in more stable ping.

LangMaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 08:02   #7
TheSpaghettiGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
Well that just goes to show that a wired connection will always be more preferable (at least for you) than WiFi, and also that it's not all about the average upload and download speed, but also latency, etc. I'd recommend getting an ethernet cable long enough to go from your modem/router directly to your laptop, and to stop trying to use WiFi for a good online gaming experience - it's just not suited for it.

Best wishes and good luck!
Ah yes I do understand that
Old 2022-09-26, 08:04   #8
TheSpaghettiGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LangMaster View Post
I do recommend the wired connection aswell, i have recently seen the difference between the network hardware that is inside a PC or notebook, friend of mine and me were playing with notebooks on same network while my was downloading 30mbs per second which he was stuck at 5, it is very possible the other one has better wifi module which can result in more stable ping.
It's actually a hp laptop 15s-fr2 forgot the exact name but it's a 11th gen, well the other one was a amd and the latest one is 1ntel so umm idk cause they both causes problems sometimes