project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
01 Dec 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2022-06-12, 05:42   #1
Oatmealzz
PR Server License Administrator
Exclamation Nerf CAS Jets A Bit

First time posting on this forum so if I make any weird errors just ignore

Anyways

I just wanted to come and talk about CAS and how I personally think it's a bit to powerful and some suggestions on the points

1. GTLD Behavior
Currently anybody can take either the spotter or officer kit, hop in a jeep and drive to any location on the map (preferably behind enemy tanks) and camp, and get 2-3 easy bomb kills on them while never been seen.

A way to nerf this? Make it so the GTLD runs on a Battery, that way the spotter does not have unlimited uses on it. aka it runs out of ammo after a minute or 2 of active use and then they have to find an ammo create to refill.

2. Fast Take Off
After the jets are done bombing, they quickly go to the new off map airbases that have brand new "FLAT TERRIAN"(Hollywood would be pleased) and make a quick landing at the airbases and quickly taxi over with no risk and their back in the air within 50 seconds.

Landing, rearming and being back in the air within that small time limit is really crazy. On every airfield there should be a bit of rough terrain in between the grey areas (EX. the US airbase on Kashan) just to nerf the time it takes for 2 instant kill bombs to be back in the air

3. Remove Cannon FCS (kinda optional tbh)

Dogfights have become a little underwhelming since it's been made easier to cannon somebody in 1 second, sometimes it has me feeling like I'm playing War Thunder arcade. Remove cannons FCS, bring back "skill" in Dogfights

and I believe that's all i had to say, let me all know what you think and have a good rest of your day
Oatmealzz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-13, 13:51   #2
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Nerf CAS Jets A Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatmealzz View Post
2. Fast Take Off
After the jets are done bombing, they quickly go to the new off map airbases that have brand new "FLAT TERRIAN"(Hollywood would be pleased) and make a quick landing at the airbases and quickly taxi over with no risk and their back in the air within 50 seconds.

Landing, rearming and being back in the air within that small time limit is really crazy. On every airfield there should be a bit of rough terrain in between the grey areas (EX. the US airbase on Kashan) just to nerf the time it takes for 2 instant kill bombs to be back in the air
The jets physics were done back in time when Silent Eagle short bases were used. Now considering there's long offshore bases, and some other issues been pressing for a time being(bamyan a-10 etc) it makes sense to revisit it, i'll take a look on it.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 16:58   #3
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPoXoTauJIo View Post
The jets physics were done back in time when Silent Eagle short bases were used. Now considering there's long offshore bases, and some other issues been pressing for a time being(bamyan a-10 etc) it makes sense to revisit it, i'll take a look on it.
Great first move would be to add fortification to airbases, which would unable fast take-offs. Fixing jets physics is more solution for future.

Quote:
1. GTLD Behavior
Currently anybody can take either the spotter or officer kit, hop in a jeep and drive to any location on the map (preferably behind enemy tanks) and camp, and get 2-3 easy bomb kills on them while never been seen.

A way to nerf this? Make it so the GTLD runs on a Battery, that way the spotter does not have unlimited uses on it. aka it runs out of ammo after a minute or 2 of active use and then they have to find an ammo create to refill.
Completely support this.

Quote:
3. Remove Cannon FCS (kinda optional tbh)
Really not needed change.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 17:52   #4
Crylink

A more subtle balance would be some sort notification or indicator that there's an enemy aircraft in the sky above the battlefield. This would emulate a radar that warns ground forces of air assets.

in practice I believe this wouldn't nerf jets but give ground forces a warning to take cover and reduce the general impact of CAS aircraft ingame.
Crylink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 02:05   #5
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPoXoTauJIo View Post
Pulling cobras in 1.8? if not how would I kill a f16 at close range in a MiG 29.. It's impossible

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 18:00   #6
Brotherscompany

Quote:
1. GTLD Behavior

I agree with the other 2 points but lm absolutely not sure about this one.
The goal in the game is to increase Teamwork this would just make it more bothersome and have less people doing it on something that was always pretty cool about doing on CAS

As a SL l wont go back for the ammo just to resssuply because either there is no ammo around, l probably have the vehicle in the surroundings preventing ammo drops and going back just for the ammo is just a bothersome extra step that will delay the entire plan, l need to be in the Frontline with my SQ

Not sure this is what we really need as much of nerfing the fast take off
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-24, 20:35   #7
Stolt_Yugoslav

Really like the ideas, except for the cannon one, neither up nor down with that one.

rPoXo made a good comment on why it should be considered too imo.
Stolt_Yugoslav is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-30, 08:30   #8
axytho
Supporting Member

Quote:
F
1. GTLD Behavior

I disagree with this. A lot of CAS players are already prefer to dumb bomb rather than bother with this thing called "teamwork". There's no need to nerf this.

If you are in a situation where a spotter is behind you and has time to coordinate with cas, you could have been killed by HAT as well (if the spotter took the hat kit instead of the spotter kit)
axytho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-30, 17:21   #9
Coalz101

After spending time to think about this topic...I'd honestly tell you that this just does more harm than good, especially to new players. The more experienced players already dominate in CAS and we still complain that we can easily be shot down by someone competent in an AAV. Nothing needs to change the way it stands. there's already enough balance between the experienced and inexperienced pilots.

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-21, 19:39   #10
Redamare
Supporting Member

Yeah agreed :l Jets need a little bit of a cool down. The bullets do heavy splash damage and its a bit much.
Redamare is offline Reply With Quote