project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
02 Dec 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Closed Thread

Old 2016-12-31, 13:25   #1
sardaukar2016

Thumbs up v1.4.4.0 new player feedback and suggestions

(suggestions at the end of post)
Hi everyone, short time (2 weeks) BF 2 PR player, but very long time player overall, including military simulators such as this one. I played the first Operation Flashpoint, America's Army Online 1&2, ArmA series and many other similar games.

I started recently, so I only know this version (1.4.4.0) of the game, and it is one of the best games I've played in my life, so great kudos to the developers and all people who brought it to life.

Overall the game is very, very good. (9 / 10), which means you can't make it much better, but you can screw it up a lot - I hope the latter won't happen.

The game is pretty stable - crashes only as often as all the games do (I blame Microsoft Windows memory management - lack of a good memory free-up system to be exact, but that's just my opinion), so no issues here.
Game works very good even on my low-end laptop, so a big big plus here (try Heroes & Generals for comparison).

Mumble is GREAT. It's really helpful and makes the game even more awesome. No more need to set up ad-hoc teamspeak servers etc.

I love the maps, the vehicles, the infantry, all the weapons, and I just wanted to point out a few minor suggestions, in order of significance:
1. Do something to prevent people from rushing the game constantly. Either add timers before an objective can be completed, or increase death penalty somehow (duration or severity like temporarily lowered accuracy/ temporarily remove weapons) , so those who rush and die will have to wait more time to get back into action, and give those who play as in real life, more time to enjoy the game as it should be played.
2. The mumble is really great, but a newbie can't hear anything because game sounds are set too high compared to mumble by default. So just change the default settings.
3. Replace the auto-reloading feature with manual reloading for grenade launchers and missile launchers - it is very hard to tell where the rounds go with auto-reload enabled.
4. Add night vision goggles for infantry - at least for certain kits so people can play night missions. Night missions are a great thing to have in a military simulator.
5. Similar to no. 4: add bad weather missions (heavy rain etc.).

That is all for now, and again really big kudos to all the people who made this game work!
Guys we LOVE you! Keep this good stuff coming!
Old 2016-12-31, 13:30   #2
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: v1.4.4.0 new player feedback and suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardaukar2016 View Post
1. Do something to prevent people from rushing the game constantly. Either add timers before an objective can be completed, or increase death penalty somehow (duration or severity like temporarily lowered accuracy/ temporarily remove weapons) , so those who rush and die will have to wait more time to get back into action, and give those who play as in real life, more time to enjoy the game as it should be played.
2. The mumble is really great, but a newbie can't hear anything because game sounds are set too high compared to mumble by default. So just change the default settings.
3. Replace the auto-reloading feature with manual reloading for grenade launchers and missile launchers - it is very hard to tell where the rounds go with auto-reload enabled.
4. Add night vision goggles for infantry - at least for certain kits so people can play night missions. Night missions are a great thing to have in a military simulator.
5. Similar to no. 4: add bad weather missions (heavy rain etc.).

That is all for now, and again really big kudos to all the people who made this game work!
Guys we LOVE you! Keep this good stuff coming!
1. Spawn time already increases when you die. Also, not everyone wants to play it like real life. We've had events with no respawns, it's not fantastic for everyday play.

3. Hold left-mouse after firing to delay the reload.

Old 2016-12-31, 13:34   #3
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: v1.4.4.0 new player feedback and suggestions

Your suggestion thread got not approved for a reason.

Closed Thread

Tags
feedback, player, suggestions