project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2014-05-07, 16:46   #31
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR mumble speech effect suggestion (#2?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate(GER) View Post
I would very much prefer this:

Squadleader talks to Squadleader / Commander: Automatically transmit local aswell.
Squadmember talks to Squadmember: DO NOT transmit local aswell.

This way, the Squadmembers hear when their Squadleader is talking to other Squads insted of just him being silent. Sometimes you wonder why your Squadleader is not saying anything, when actually it is due to him talking to the CO and other squads. If Squadmembers know he is talking to other SL/CO, they would know what's going on and it also adds to immersion.

Transmitting the Squad-VOIP in local aswell would cause way too much confusion imo. Just imagine the usual bunch of PR-players running around on a 2km map. It's a huge mess. Local mumble is just fine for transmitting relevant information.
yeah that would be useful.
If local doesnt work or means too much talking for SMs, maybe at least a transmitting signal in the overlay. It is always a bit annoying to shout "everyone SHUT UP" to your squad when you want to talk to other SLs/COs or want to hear what they are saying.

HunterMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 00:00   #32
[R-CON]​Spook
PR Tournament Management
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwolf[GER] View Post
I see your point with Squadmumble+Localmumble confusion problem, but maybe trial-and-error?
Furthermore: Is there a lag between squad+local mumble? Since that would make the decision quite easy
No lag. Both transmit immediately.

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 01:49   #33
Cassius
Supporting Member

Seen as most people play with headphones, maybe a function that feeds the surrounding ingame noise into the mic and transmits it?

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 04:01   #34
[R-DEV]​Insanitypays
PR:BF2 Developer

I'd love to have this feature. Even though there are low quality mics, it's only little more distorted. I'm sure you can hear what people have to say, and in real life the sound quality of a lot of communication equipment isn't always that great anyway.

I would recommend (someone) try to work on it and see how it turns out. If it sounds terrible, don't add it. If it has some rare problems with hearing certain people, make it optional, and if it works great, just add it ^^
Time tested method od trial and error

I'd value immersion over convenience here.

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." -Mark Twain
Insanitypays is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 19:12   #35
carmikaze
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
Seen as most people play with headphones, maybe a function that feeds the surrounding ingame noise into the mic and transmits it?
Oh my THIS

Squadmate transmits while there's heavy gunfire in the background, EPIC
carmikaze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 20:14   #36
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmikaze View Post
Oh my THIS

Squadmate transmits while there's heavy gunfire in the background, EPIC
While yourself hear it as well, now you hear everything double. Brilliant when people talk at the same time. Total fuck-up and audio-spam. I hope this stays out of PR.

For the sake of gameplay and my ears, please leave this out.

The Audio Cue is enough. Maybe make SL's transmit locally when they talk to other squads as well. Maybe add a 'very minor' distortion effect. Anything more fucks up the experience. it is already hard enough to understand stuff with so many people talking.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 21:52   #37
Tajulek

I think this woudl be interesting...
Tajulek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 21:02   #38
Cavazos

If it's optional and doesn't take much work, there really is no reason not to do it.

I would never use it and hate the idea of using it. But it would add extra stuff to the game for players to enjoy if they want it themselves.

How can you say no to that?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
Cavazos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 18:41   #39
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet... and I'm sorry if it has... but I just wanna recap some stuff I'd like to see. If its already been suggested then just think of this as me saying I support the idea.

► Kit with Radio required to transmit to other SquadLeaders/Commanders (AKA Spotter OR Officer Kit)
► Double transmit locally when talking to SquadLeaders/Commanders, so other squad members can hear what SL is saying
► Bleed surrounding sound into Squad/SquadLeader/Commander radio chat (as background noise that comes over the radio)
► When Squad Leader is receiving transmission over SL/Commander radio, bleed the transmission over local, so squad members can hear the commanders response (assuming they're standing close enough)
► Basic distortion effects that simulates military radio distortion... kinda like acre. If this could possibly also be tied to distance and/or surrounding environment that would be sick, but I don't expect it

Edit: kindof as an example, once I was playing as commander... in my silent UAV, and one of the Squad Leaders was playing with his stereo speakers on, so every time he transmitted to me I could hear the surrounding gunfire and stuff (from his computer speakers...) and it was the most epic thing ever. Cause he was calling over squad radio for extraction, and you could hear the gun shots and shit over the radio call, it was awesome

Bluedrake42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 22:55   #40
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

Also if possible put the local also audible to enemies very near by, so they can stalk you and spy on you by listening your comms! For the sake of realism! Thx!
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, mumble, speech, suggestion