project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
21 Oct 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2008-01-13, 21:21   #41
Wolfe

Turning off my firewall has now completely fixed my "connection problem".

Why that works is unclear; it could be a RAM, port, or pb check issue. Running without a firewall isn't recommended, but it's the only way I can play without constant connection warnings and disconnects.

Hope this helps someone else.
Wolfe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 07:49   #42
stuffen
Default ?

right after i load a map it brings me to mian menu and says your connection to server has been lost
stuffen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 08:03   #43
stuffen
Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
Turning off my firewall has now completely fixed my "connection problem".

Why that works is unclear; it could be a RAM, port, or pb check issue. Running without a firewall isn't recommended, but it's the only way I can play without constant connection warnings and disconnects.

Hope this helps someone else.
yeh but that would suck if someone got in your computer
stuffen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 09:40   #44
Salah ad Din

Send a message via ICQ to Salah ad Din Send a message via AIM to Salah ad Din Send a message via MSN to Salah ad Din Send a message via Skype™ to Salah ad Din

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffen View Post
right after i load a map it brings me to mian menu and says your connection to server has been lost
Same here. I MAY have fixed it by turning sound quality to low (EAX still activated, don't know if there even is EAX on low).

Why that should fix a connection problem is beyond my understanding

Salah ad Din is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 15:36   #45
warbi
Send a message via MSN to warbi

Try this solution from SnipingCoward. Worked for me. Ignore the fact that it's for a Belkin router - I have a US Robotics and it worked.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...tml#post598106
warbi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 21:05   #46
Hitman.2.5
Default Connection

Sgt. C do you have the solution to the problem when it kicks you for no reason back to the server list and says connection to the server has been lost it only does it to some servers, other servers are fine. plz get back to this!
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 00:50   #47
Emnyron
Supporting Member

This fix only for dualcore&Quadcore systems:
Try opening upp the taskmanager after you have started the game and logged in to your account.
Then select the Bf2 and its related Prossesses (e500 and pr) and set theyr afinity to just Cpu0.
This solved my connection problems completely!
Emnyron is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 23:11   #48
sixthday

Yeah, it seems that this solved mine too - but I am not sure completely.
I followed these instructions: BF2S Forums / OMFG "Your connection to the server has been lost.": downloaded the tool imagecfg.exe and let it modify my bf2.exe
Everything works fine - i thought... now I can play for several minutes and PunkBuster kicks me out: bf2.exe mismatch
This game is realy driving me mad. Maybe s.o. could upload his orginal, unmodified bf2.exe to help me out.

Greets,
s!x
Last edited by sixthday; 2008-03-27 at 13:23..
Old 2008-03-25, 09:58   #49
Emnyron
Supporting Member

Protip: Never allow ANY third party software to edit/modefy your EXE`s.

Secondly, try the Cpu trick, it does not give ANY drop in preformance what so EVER..
Emnyron is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 20:50   #50
EyeQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emnyron View Post
This fix only for dualcore&Quadcore systems:
Try opening upp the taskmanager after you have started the game and logged in to your account.
Then select the Bf2 and its related Prossesses (e500 and pr) and set theyr afinity to just Cpu0.
This solved my connection problems completely!
A similar approach which did the trick (at least for me) with disconnects, and which also solved some massive performance issue in combination with 2xopteron(dualcore):

1. add the /usepmtimer switch to your boot.ini - works for XP/W2k3:
(use at your own risk; at least make a backup version of the boot.ini before altering)

example altered boot.ini

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Windows="Micro soft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /usemptimer

2. set pb_sleep 500 (default 60; max. 500)
EyeQ is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
connection, problem, troubleshooting