project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
18 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2017-03-20, 15:08   #41
QuickLoad

Default Re: The Falklands - Map Feedback

I like them all, goose is weird cause its super infantry focused but a GIANT ASS MAP.
still confused on the logistics as one team gets 2 crates and the other gets half a crate(helo)

falklands is pretty fun because most jets are too busy fighting other jets, fun to see them fight each other while walking giant distances(mind you that is something to be embraced about PR).

also when the green player who is playing the second time takes a blowpipe and wipes a skyraider off the sky on his first try.
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 18:00   #42
FlyingR

Stop bitching about jets, most of the times they are too busy fighting against each other, and another thing that everybody seems to miss... when you build a FOB, build also a God damn AA! Also if you're worrying too much about it get one of your guys to get an AA launcher! There's plenty of AA weapons in the islands. Problem (almost) solved!

@Rhino, I know most of the fighting was done in the NE section, but this being a game as well, it would be cool to have an AAS map (besides CNC) using the whole map and to use more assets like Trans and boats (especially the new frigate you're cooking up ) to allow new strategies, especially on the night version.
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 18:45   #43
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingR View Post
@Rhino, I know most of the fighting was done in the NE section, but this being a game as well, it would be cool to have an AAS map (besides CNC) using the whole map and to use more assets like Trans and boats (especially the new frigate you're cooking up ) to allow new strategies, especially on the night version.
Small issue is we only have 4 AAS layers to play with in the way things currently are and one of the current layers would have to be sacrificed for there to have another version.

The main way to get more AAS layers, would be to make a new gamemode that was a clone of AAS then you could get 4 more layers but the coders wouldn't like that

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 19:08   #44
Brozef

You guys ever going to give the Argies those AAVs?
Brozef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 22:15   #45
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
You guys ever going to give the Argies those AAVs?
They got them, but only on Skirmish 32 layer, since they were only used during the initial invasion of the Falklands, and were withdrawn from the islands after they were captured.

Old 2017-03-22, 07:48   #46
InfantryGamer42

We could have alt layer whit Argentina invading Falklands from south during night? For instance it would simulate Argentina counter attack after british fleete whent back UK. So on start british only get 2-4 Harrier in Port Stanle. 20 min in game british would get jets from carrier which finally rich island. What you think?
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 13:01   #47
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

Realistically speaking, once the islands were retaken Jets were stationed at Port Stanley and HMS Illustrious relieved HMS Invincible & HMS Hermes from protecting the islands too, with lots of other War Ships remaining behind too.

Old 2018-09-01, 16:53   #48
tankninja1

This map could really use something to help out the infantry because it is just a boring slog. You are either being shot from a mile an a half away because the lack of any terrain features or even grass makes everyone stick out like a sore thumb, being attacked by aircraft, or being bombed by mortars.

One thing that could help is having some trenches, which might not be wholly realistic, but it would do wonders for the infantry just trying to survive for some length of time. Preferable trenches that are a usable depth from prone or standing, which few trenches in the game are.

Second some kind of fixed spawn outside of the main bases like a team sided rally point. Building fobs is a nightmare on this map, because they last a whole 5 minutes before they are bombed into oblivion by mortars or airplanes, but also because helicopters can't come anywhere near the main islands or they are almost guaranteed to die by aircraft or AA since the blowpipe is really OP for killing helicopters, specifically now that they are so slow.

Third change the bloody SMG kits to have alternate rifles or something. I mean SMGs on a map where the closest person you ever seen in the match is maybe 300m away is kinda useless.

tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-01, 19:11   #49
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

While I recognise that this map isn't at all easy for the Infantry, and I do hope on making some changes to make it a bit easier for them where I can but I do also want to try and capture the challenges of the conflict and these where all challenges the soldiers on the ground had to deal with.

As for your points:
  • Terrain Features; ye problem is the islands don't really have much on them in r/l and even less now they are scaled down hehe. I could try on adding some trenches and streams etc but doing so on Mesh-Based terrain like this is pretty hard to modify it to add them and requires significant rework of the mesh to do so ye, dunno if I will be able to do that on top of everything else I need/plan to do.
  • Grass; As I'm sure your aware, BF2 Engine Undergrowth isn't possible to have on mesh-terrain but I do plan on exploring the possibility of making some "Overgrowth Grass" as I agree, without grass soldiers and everything stick out really badly on the ground and having some sort of concealment would go a long way to helping them. But this is going to be tricky to do, if even really possible then there are going to be the performance impact it will have which might be too big to have. I do plan on looking into this thou.
  • Fixed Spawn; tbh I don't quite understand what you mean here? Where would they be for starters?
  • FBs being easy to spot; Ye, going to look at trying to make them less visible on the map but with there being so little cover and such a long VD, it's hard to hide them and the good spots, people look in first for them...
  • Chopper survivability; ye it's a tricky one. One thing I could do is reduce the number of Blowpipe missiles a player carries to one instead of two, did that so they might be more inclined to try and attack jets with them since if they missed, they still have another shot without having to reload, and also to enable the reload animation but choppers suffer too much from them being super easy targets. Could possibly also increase the min detonation speed so you must get a direct hit on a chopper for the blowpipe to detonate, while still being able to detonate near a jet and possibly also increase the amount of spin etc on them? Other than that, don't think there is that much more I can do for them?
  • SMGs; the thing is SMGs where used a lot back then. I hear what you say but I don't want to cut down on them totally but maybe I could look at giving some kits a Rifle alternative option.

Old 2018-09-05, 19:50   #50
tankninja1

I mean even if we got special deployable foxholes, with roofs and more HP, for Falklands that would be a good improvement to help out the PBIs.

Doing something like changing the time of day or increasing fog could help hide the infantry, and trans helicopters a bit. It would at least stop them from getting torn to bits from "5km" away.

What I mean by fixed spawns is kinda like what happens in co-op games. Where when you take a flag that is so far away from the main base you get a rally point your team can spawn on. I guess to encourage fob building it could be in a crappy location like the middle of a field, but it would still be an option when the CAS spam inevitably gets bad.

tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
falklands, feedback, map, poxo is ghey