project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
15 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2018-03-16, 20:50   #1
InfantryGamer42
Default Iron Ridge Std

Like what devs did whit this map. Only thing which whould I add is 1 Mi-17 for both sides, becuase there is always point in the game when you need supplies and there are logis never to be found. Also, trans whould give both teams chance to flank, which whould improve gameplay.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-17, 11:08   #2
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: Iron Ridge Std

If you add helicopters to a map that small, your bound to get alot of sound bugs. You can already see this on the alt layer.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-17, 11:44   #3
Filamu
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

2Ks have choppers though. What is the view range on the revamped? This map may benefit from a chopper to avoid stalemates, even if it increases the sound bugs. It is a map that has a tendency to end in outcaps because it is hard for any team to cross the river. It is also fairly easy to camp mains, even if the DOD is fairly large. Something a chopper could escape. Maybe a chopper makes it too easy to build fobs on the enemy side, that is a issue ofc.

Anyways, a few days ago we had a sound bug from a truck on this map, kinda weird.
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-17, 13:55   #4
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
If you add helicopters to a map that small, your bound to get a lot of sound bugs. You can already see this on the alt layer.
I dont think sound bugs are that big problem in game. Yes, they happen from time to time, but we learn to live whit that. But, lack of trans helicopter on this map is big problem. All river crossings are easy to be mined, specially in late game, which can lead to stalemate. That stalemate is not easy to break.

Whit both sides having trans(in this case 1 Mi-17 on both sides could work), those stalemates would be impossible to happen, and that would improve game play on this, right now, really popular map.

PS Infantry layer has trans chopers for both side. I really dont see any reason why std and lrg shouldnt get same.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 17:23   #5
Murphy

I can agree with putting Cows on most layers but I like the concept of having to travel to the flag on the ground. Having some layers with Trans and some layers without will result in completely different play-throughs. I believe that having Cows on Iron Ridge changes the way the round unfolds by giving teams a choice of where to put pressure at any point in the round, which results in more kills and likely a shorter round. On the flip side keeping things on the ground forces players to approach Flags with more consideration towards a faltered offensive and how to recover from a lost FOB as it has much more of an impact on the outcome of the round.

Basically Trans gives players the chance to mess up and get back into the fight with a new FOB built fairly easily, which allows SLs to play recklessly with the knowledge that they can get back to the flag they lost in short order. It's not bad really, but allowing a map to have both approaches to logistics gives players/server admins more options which is never a bad thing.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 23:33   #6
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
I can agree with putting Cows on most layers but I like the concept of having to travel to the flag on the ground. Having some layers with Trans and some layers without will result in completely different play-throughs. I believe that having Cows on Iron Ridge changes the way the round unfolds by giving teams a choice of where to put pressure at any point in the round, which results in more kills and likely a shorter round. On the flip side keeping things on the ground forces players to approach Flags with more consideration towards a faltered offensive and how to recover from a lost FOB as it has much more of an impact on the outcome of the round.

Basically Trans gives players the chance to mess up and get back into the fight with a new FOB built fairly easily, which allows SLs to play recklessly with the knowledge that they can get back to the flag they lost in short order. It's not bad really, but allowing a map to have both approaches to logistics gives players/server admins more options which is never a bad thing.
True, but If we talked about any other map I would say there is not need for trans choper. But, we are talking about map where if team doesnt rush whit 1 logi on enemy side of river its forces to play defensive until the end of game, whit really low chance of starting any offensive operation.

Biggest problem(and in same time advantege) of this map compered whit others is unique terrain, that right now forces players to fight over few crossing points, that are easily defensible. Only similar map in game is Op. Marlin and that map has 1 trans choper for both teams, so why Iron Ridge should not get same?
Last edited by InfantryGamer42; 2018-03-22 at 13:45..
Old 2019-08-19, 02:40   #7
Rabbit

Shit map, floating car.

Rabbit is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 02:57   #8
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

It's anomaly.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 16:43   #9