project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
06 Apr 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2020-01-14, 10:16   #1
Avire
Default Running on Linux

Long story short, I tried launching PR using Wine. After a lot of screwing with MS .NET I managed to run the Launcher, however that wasn't the last issue. So for some reason whenever I try to get in the game using my online profile, the launcher fails at verifying the integrity the files, every time I tried it just said that a random file wasn't verified with a 1312 error code, I also tried logging in with an offline profile after what I was given a choice to update the game. Choosing update runs the update process as you'd expect but at some point it just fails with a 65 error code and breaks the entire launcher. If the update is chosen to be cancelled however, the game actually boots up and works fine (only singleplayer of course). The validation error might be because Wine runs in a virtual drive. Also the update starts with an error message as well saying: Unable to read patch entry So the question is, have anyone else tried running the game in Linux and what were your results?
Last edited by Avire; 2020-01-14 at 10:22..
Old 2020-01-17, 16:37   #2
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Running on Linux

There is a post about this,
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...t=linux&page=2

ALADE3N is online now Reply With Quote