project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
23 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2016-02-08, 13:06   #1
O.Ortega
Default Borrowing a Model from the Devs?

Hi guys,

I've been stress testing the unity Game Engine and I'm curious about it's potential for making a Project Reality game. I have some basic FPS gameplay going but I don't have any rigged and animated soldiers to work with. If any devs read this, is there a way for me to borrow one of the soldier and gun models that you made for the mod and test it out in unity?
O.Ortega is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-08, 14:14   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

We dont allow this. We usualy only trade with other well established mods.

Nothing stops you however from using our content for private use as long as you dont publish that's fine. Although I think they are much better models available for that in more recent games,mods and free model websites.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-08, 14:44   #3
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: Borrowing a Model from the Devs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
Nothing stops you however from using our content for private use as long as you dont publish that's fine. Although I think they are much better models available for that in more recent games,mods and free model websites.
Just make sure you return them later!

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-09, 08:34   #4
O.Ortega
Default Re: Borrowing a Model from the Devs?

Mineral, I get that you don't want to just give your models to just whoever. I found one decent quality rigged and animated model on the web but it doesn't seem to have ADS animations.

Thanks for letting me use PR mod content but when I opened the model in Bf2MeshView it wouldn't let me add the animations without the model getting completely warped and the animations couldn't be exported. I'll just have to work with that less than suitable model.

Edit: I would like to check: Does Project Reality have a special aim animation which physically lines up the weapon with the eyes of the character or is it a camera rendering trick?
Last edited by O.Ortega; 2016-02-09 at 09:00..

Tags
borrowing, devs, model