project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Nov 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2020-10-07, 23:12   #1
hairyballs
Default New factions on maps

Now that you can add new factions to different layers I wanna see some gaymer stuff like this:

Xiangshan: China vs NDL (just stick a dutch flag on the apache and add it with some cv90s and leopards)

Wanda: US army vs China (there's no US vs China maps that are good)

Saaremaa: UK vs Russia (why not) just replace large or alt with 2x chally and apache

i had more but cba im tired just dont be bald brains let us have fun yea #beirutneedsitsassetsback
hairyballs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-08, 14:02   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: New factions on maps

a lot of things planned with layers, but we are slow.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-08, 14:15   #3
CAS_ual_TY

bijar techie warfare

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-08, 19:04   #4
hairyballs

khami hamas vs militia 20 techie mad max map or thats it youre gone
hairyballs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-08, 19:18   #5
InfantryGamer42

Saarema invasion layer where BLUFOR is attacking defending Russian forces on island which are getting reinforced 20 minutes in the game whit new toys from there carrier.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-08, 21:03   #6
Pronck
Supporting Member

Fallujah with MEC vs Insurgents. Like the Iraqi Army and allies versus Islamic State earlier this decade.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-18, 13:27   #7
InfantryGamer42

Two questions for DEVs connected to this new ability for map design. Is there way to change carrier static on different layers? For example, imagine we get Beirut AAS Alt layer whit PLA Marines whit there Type 075 carrier against MEC or Pavlovsk AAS LRG layer whit British and there Invisible carrier against Russians? Is that even possible to change?

Second question, is there plan to use those Omaha landing crafts whit repair points and light vehicle spawns on more maps? It is nice feature to have on invasion maps and it could open possibility for more light assets on those types of maps. For example, USMC could get two landing crafts whit repair points instead of current DoD areas. On those landing crafts, they could get logistic and transport trucks, jeeps (whit HMGs, GLs, TOWs, CROWs) and other light vehicles and possible tanks for some interesting new layers. It would also come nice for possible British layer on that and other map, because British APC are not amphibious.
Old 2020-10-18, 13:57   #8
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

There's a problem creating statics per layer? if there is, it sounds easy to solve.
the only problem I know of is voices being pre-cached before the layer is loaded.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-18, 14:03   #9
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
There's a problem creating statics per layer? if there is, it sounds easy to solve.
the only problem I know of is voices being pre-cached before the layer is loaded.
Do not know. That is why I am asking you guys. If you can switch around carriers whit out problems, that would open invasion maps whit new factions on different layers.
Old 2020-10-18, 14:34   #10
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
should be able to but you have an issue with the lms then.

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote