project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
29 Nov 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2020-07-14, 15:32   #11
Rabbit

Default Re: [WIP] [Vehicle] Komatsu LAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
Using Minimi should be no problem.
As for the shooting infantry weapons from hatch you have to consider that the gunner will not be able to duck and as such will be rather exposed. So that variant might become undesirable to be used
Make a special seat then you can enter that you can reload in.

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-14, 15:52   #12
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Make a special seat then you can enter that you can reload in.
That would reduce transport slots, but I guess if it it mainly intended as AT vehicle that wont matter. However another issue is that you could shoot from inside through the walls of the jeep as you cannot hit your own vehicle.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-14, 15:53   #13
Rabbit

Quote:
That would reduce transport slots, but I guess if it it mainly intended as AT vehicle that wont matter. However another issue is that you could shoot from inside through the walls of the jeep as you cannot hit your own vehicle.
It only has 4 seats and then 1 for gunner. You have a spare.

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-14, 22:54   #14
PeppeJ

Quote:
However another issue is that you could shoot from inside through the walls of the jeep as you cannot hit your own vehicle.
Lock the view so you can only look at mostly the ground and maybe look outside using the edges of the screen.

PeppeJ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-15, 18:21   #15
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppeJ View Post
Lock the view so you can only look at mostly the ground and maybe look outside using the edges of the screen.
I think, you can only limit the left-right rotation for seats that have active infantry weapon. Up-down is always same as on foot.
Having an open seat like that as a gunner probably can work. I just wanted to point out the limitations as people already complained about the WW2 tank commanders being unable to duck.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-17, 19:49   #16
robert357

There are cars where you can shoot from sticking from right window (with left-right angle locked) and from the sunroof. I don't see where is the problem here. Just make this seat without duck option. Some people would adapt to the given options where others will complain.

Quote:
I just wanted to point out the limitations as people already complained about the WW2 tank commanders being unable to duck.
Well, this is a little bit different. Tank need crew to properly operate, where here this is just a vehicle for inf.

robert357 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 21:23   #17
[R-CON]​Hans_Strudel
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
I think, you can only limit the left-right rotation for seats that have active infantry weapon. Up-down is always same as on foot.
Having an open seat like that as a gunner probably can work. I just wanted to point out the limitations as people already complained about the WW2 tank commanders being unable to duck.
Never heard somebody complaining about civilian cars vulnerability for example, maybe there is the issue with vulnerability due to slow movement. As for this jeep i think it's appropriate price for having an ability to fire ATGM/LAT/MG on the move (also in this case ATGM operator should stand on special platform which will make him even more exposed).

As for WW2 tank crew, 3rd position could be commander with triplex and closed hatch.
Hans_Strudel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-21, 20:23   #18
[R-CON]​Hans_Strudel

Highpoly is complete! (At least most details i wanted are done)
The only thing left to do is smoke grenade launchers, and maybe ports for towing:

And i want to ask about one thing - Fennek has moving arrow for speedmeter (or tachometer?), is it possible to make speedmeter and tachometer arrows move differently for this vehicle? It doesn't matter how accurate it will be, just for feature.
Hans_Strudel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-11, 18:33   #19
[R-CON]​Hans_Strudel

Lowpoly model is complete (also added smoke grenade launchers), separated on 1p/3p
and UV mapped.
1)

2)

3)

Also started texturing 1p model interior (resolution is 1024*1024):

driver's point of view:
Last edited by Hans_Strudel; 2020-09-11 at 18:39..
Old 2020-09-12, 07:38   #20
Hokunin
Retired PR Developer

Looking nice.

What will be next vehicle after you finish this?

Hokunin is offline Reply With Quote