project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion > PR:WWII Suggestions
30 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:WWII Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2021-03-21, 02:55   #1
BRZbruh

BRZbruh's Avatar
Default Walther P38 for Wehrmacht Medic

My suggestion comes from the basis of German WW2 medics being primarily being equipped with handguns for their protection. While gameplay wise this may seem like a side (or down) grade, I believe giving the walther p38 as an alternative option to the k98 for the medic would add some simple and fun flavor to the kit.

BRZbruh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-21, 04:04   #2
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

ALADE3N's Avatar
Default Re: Walther P38 for Wehrmacht Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZbruh View Post
My suggestion comes from the basis of German WW2 medics being primarily being equipped with handguns for their protection. While gameplay wise this may seem like a side (or down) grade, I believe giving the walther p38 as an alternative option to the k98 for the medic would add some simple and fun flavor to the kit.
Heh, you missed my Soviet medic no?

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-21, 04:59   #3
dcm
Default Re: Walther P38 for Wehrmacht Medic

No. Remember when alt lat kit had a pistol? Pretty freaking useless.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-21, 05:32   #4
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

ALADE3N's Avatar
Default Re: Walther P38 for Wehrmacht Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
No. Remember when alt lat kit had a pistol? Pretty freaking useless.
yes i suggest we remove pistols from crewman too, they're useless too, right?

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-21, 17:06   #5
dcm
Default Re: Walther P38 for Wehrmacht Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALADE3N View Post
yes i suggest we remove pistols from crewman too, they're useless too, right?
And give them back their smgs? Fuck yes!
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-22, 00:57   #6
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

ALADE3N's Avatar
Default Re: Walther P38 for Wehrmacht Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
And give them back their smgs? Fuck yes!
doesn't work like that

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-22, 02:12   #7
dcm
Default Re: Walther P38 for Wehrmacht Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALADE3N View Post
doesn't work like that
Give me more submachine guns!
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-23, 03:56   #8
BRZbruh

BRZbruh's Avatar
Default Re: Walther P38 for Wehrmacht Medic

For Medic the p38 works, you dont have to expose yourself in the same way as the Lat does. I would vastly prefer in many situations over the k98.

BRZbruh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-23, 05:29   #9
dcm
Default Re: Walther P38 for Wehrmacht Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZbruh View Post
For Medic the p38 works, you dont have to expose yourself in the same way as the Lat does. I would vastly prefer in many situations over the k98.
I hated LAT with a pistol. I much preferred the superiority of the kar. If medic was to get his pistol what else would he get to compensate for the loss of firepower? More smokes? Needles? Patches? All three?
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-23, 12:34   #10
jenson

jenson's Avatar
Default Re: Walther P38 for Wehrmacht Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
I hated LAT with a pistol. I much preferred the superiority of the kar. If medic was to get his pistol what else would he get to compensate for the loss of firepower? More smokes? Needles? Patches? All three?
I would probably say smokes, since his role would to primarily revive wounded teammates. Still, i dont know how fun it would be for the average medic to not be able to engage the enemy in the multiple gunfights you come across that are at medium to long range since you are limited by your pistol.
jenson is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:14.