project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
22 Oct 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2005-06-26, 03:13   #1
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

Default Lag and Filters anyone?

Does anyone else have the problem on BF2 online where the filters really dont do anything? i turn on the not full filter, and still most of the servers that come up are listed as ful or even if they arent (ex. 61/64) are still full when you try to join them. also im getting incredible lag on ranked servers, the weird thing is that the ping can be as low as 48 and im still getting very choppy gameplay. then however ill go on an unranked server, and there will be very little lag even on servers with twice as much ping as the ranked servers...

i guess i just want to know if this is just me or alot of other people who have this problem, and if anyone has found a way to fix it or if ill have to wait for a patch from EA/DICE.

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-26, 03:28   #2
m0ldym1lk

Send a message via AIM to m0ldym1lk

Welcome to browsers powered by GameSpy
m0ldym1lk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-26, 04:20   #3
SaWeD

Broken...i think that the issue with the 61/64 server full after refresh can be explained like this. The very instant you hit refresh the server with 61/64 appears: more people join b4 you do. Thus making the filter still correct at that moment but obsolete one you try and join. If any one here agrees or disagrees let me know..and y

Never play cards with any man named "Doc."
Never eat at any place called "Mom's."
And never, never, no matter what else you do in your whole life, never sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own.
SaWeD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-26, 04:22   #4
SaWeD

sorry i forgot 1 thing, yah i have heard the same exact problems with the Ranked vs Non-ranked servers and my suggestion would be hold your breath and wait for a patch

Never play cards with any man named "Doc."
Never eat at any place called "Mom's."
And never, never, no matter what else you do in your whole life, never sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own.
SaWeD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-26, 04:49   #5
trim

sory to say sawed, but i think you are wrong, i have had the same filter problem on damn near every server on the list, it could be that lots of people are joining the server that he was looking at but not on a hole bunch of them, that is just not posible. Unfortunatly i have no anser for this problem
trim is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-26, 05:23   #6
keef_haggerd
Send a message via AIM to keef_haggerd Send a message via MSN to keef_haggerd

Every ranked server has issues. EXCEPT the haf server i played on, its a 32 player person ranked server, i had a blast on it. no lag at all. but hte server is always full. And one thing ranked servers are ALWAYS full and once you get on, half the time it isnt ever worth it!

Also the ranked server take SO long to update sometimes i end up winning the same award 2 times in one day, and sometimes some awards dont go through, but hopefully they have it fixed soon.

I'm in the top 500 aviators, and top 500 anti-tank weapon users =P

"This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun"
-Full Metal Jacket
keef_haggerd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-26, 16:35   #7
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

The demo filters didn't work at first, but the ASE came up with a option do download and install filters for BF2 so I got it and now they work. As far as saying 61/64, and then it says its full, thats just crappy server browsers. Even after you go back to the list and refresh it will still say 61/64.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-26, 17:32   #8
Drew
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to Drew Send a message via MSN to Drew

The main reason for the lag is bad hardware that was never upgraded from BF1942.

Most server companies are charging more to host BF2 servers but never really upgraded their hardware. BF2 is very intense on a machine and most of the lowcost server rentals are in desperate need of an upgrade. Not very good business if you ask me.

And what's a 6-year-old doing playing such a violent game? He's never going to enjoy kickball when he's screaming "Wallhack" from 2nd base.
Drew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-26, 17:42   #9
GABBA

Send a message via MSN to GABBA

I guess they never expected such a GREAT demand for ranked server's.

"Incoming fire has the rigth of way"...........

"never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are"
GABBA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-26, 22:50   #10
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

Yeah got another update to day in ASE for Filters for Un-Ranked servers.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
filters, lag