project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
20 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-02-08, 13:28   #3001
sirfstar

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

*double post
sirfstar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-08, 13:42   #3002
PatrickLA_CA

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfstar View Post

is that a reason to force players to fight in an extremely small area? why?

what it has to do with anything? low gfx + unlimited view distance = worse than thermals. you can deny the whole ins team at main on albasrah just because its poorly designed overall, for example. but that does not really contribute to the pacing
Enterable buildings do in a way "force" players to fight in a small area. First of all, it is much easier to defend if you're in an indestructible building if you have people watching the entrances, albeit some weapons can penetrate some walls.
Also, mortars are completely useless against garrisoned infantry.

Also I do play on low graphics and find it extremely difficult to spot infantry, that is one of the reasons I do not play Squad as much as PR, so I wouldn't really say it is worse than thermals.

I think that once there are assets that can easily spot and engage targets with heavy weapons from a distance, as well as ATGM emplacements, fighting will spread out and we will get a more similar experience to PR where it will be better to have a FOB on a position that can deny armor.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-08, 13:51   #3003
sirfstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
Enterable buildings do in a way "force" players to fight in a small area. First of all, it is much easier to defend if you're in an indestructible building if you have people watching the entrances, albeit some weapons can penetrate some walls.
Also, mortars are completely useless against garrisoned infantry.

Also I do play on low graphics and find it extremely difficult to spot infantry, that is one of the reasons I do not play Squad as much as PR, so I wouldn't really say it is worse than thermals.

I think that once there are assets that can easily spot and engage targets with heavy weapons from a distance, as well as ATGM emplacements, fighting will spread out and we will get a more similar experience to PR where it will be better to have a FOB on a position that can deny armor.
1. but no one is obligated to have 100% of enterable buildings, or use that single one as the whole flag. a matter of poor game design again.
2. with sharpen-filter introduced and playing with native 1080p or more i don't think this issue still persists but people's perception may vary
3. dunno why 30mm or stryker doesn't count for you but the latter has insane zoom as well
not even talking about insane armor with necessity of 3 lats to kill it
sirfstar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 22:35   #3004
Anderson29
Supporting Member

with Version 10 i finally fill like this is turning into a game i can actually play that is somewhat similar to PR. Congrats to OWI...i had my doubts...still do i guess, but at least i can play it and it seem somewhat tactical. Now i just got to upgrade my damn PC. I run Arma med/high and squad all low. hope this improves.

in-game name : Anderson2981
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:23   #3005
[R-CON]​Zeno
PR:BF2 Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Zeno

Some screens from my 8x8km map Invasion of Uskedalen/Battle for Skorpo

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 16:07   #3006
LimitJK

really nice.

one of the first squad maps i see where the vegetation looks convincing and authentic.

are you the mapper?

LimitJK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 17:33   #3007
carmikaze
Supporting Member

Damn, great work!
carmikaze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 18:07   #3008
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

I gotta admit when I saw those british forces on Fool's road i got some good PR feels

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 19:21   #3009
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Zeno View Post
Some screens from my 8x8km map Invasion of Uskedalen/Battle for Skorpo
Looks fantastic

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 05:12   #3010
Cossack
Supporting Member

I really like vegetation. Looks way more real than one we have now. Would love to see this kind improvements on other maps as well.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
... hides behind, ..the alpha status, .for everything wrong, 5 fps, blur my screen, blurry, commercial, developers, game, inspired, katarn loves crysis, machinima, player forgot glass, poxo is ghey, pr > squad, prbf2, shit game, shitty blurry game, specs, squad