project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
19 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2009-09-08, 12:18   #41
LMLM111
Default Re: BF2 1.5 Alt-Tab Fix Through RendDX9.dll

Okay I had another RenDX9.dll file dated 9/8/2009 3:08AM of 2,496KB (2,555,392 bytes) and it works. I checked again and that indeed was the file you sent me so my brain must be fried on too much of that incredible FH mod along with a high dose of PR mod. Sorry. Hope this helps someone out there with similar problems googleing these forums. The RenDX9.dll file dated 9/7/2009 2:12PM file doesn't work (for me).
LMLM111 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 19:23   #42
DDS
Supporting Member

Your right, sorry for my "pissy" attitude. This issue just peeled back some skin from back to EA/DICE "patch" days...

Thanks Snares for putting this up. And another thanks to the DEV's.

DDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snares View Post
I suppose it is kind of a "problem" in the sense PR must adapt to said "fix," but I'm not really too mad at EA right now. The original alt-tab problem was EA's, but the hotfix, in itself, is not. EA is not responsible for PR's specific MD5 check lists. I'm just really grateful that DICE was kind enough to do anything about it at all.

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
DDS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 20:24   #43
Snares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soppa View Post
Actually I found this renaming method for avoid being kicked because using largeaddressaware patched bf2.exe here: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f37...top-issue.html

I cant see any reason why this wouldnt work for other files too. You wont get kicked or banned by PB. Method is ugly but its workaround for sure.

Reason why you can get error message of locked files is because you are trying to overwrite them. You should rename files .old before "replacing" with original files, that way you cant get error messages of locked files.

NOTE: There could be little risk if PB is updated to check files MD5 sum's and keep some kind of history of em. This could be good update tho because this copying method makes whole PB quite useless

[FIN] SOPPA
Well PB is still quite useful. This is just one of many methods to check the general state of your game installation. PB knows just as well as we do that this method isn't very effective; their main tools are memory scanning, which is much, much more effective at preventing hackers. Honestly I think PB MD5 checks should be changed anyway. If you go into a server, press ~ and do pb_logmd5tool. You will notice that the servers that log file checks have many more random fps spikes than the ones that do not.

On a side note: I recommend trying BF2 without the largeaddressaware patch. The 1.5 patch has supposedly included a feature that allows BF2 to use more than 2 GB of ram. If you still need to use this method, here's an easy way to do it:

1: Make a copy of the original (and unmodified!) BF2.exe, and name it BF2_fix.dll.

2: Make ExeBFStart.bat, and put this into it:
Code:
@ECHO OFF

CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield 2"

RENAME BF2.exe BF2_15.exe

RENAME BF2_fix.exe BF2.exe
3: Make ExeBFMainMenu.bat, and put this into it:
Code:
@ECHO OFF

CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield 2"

RENAME BF2.exe BF2_fix.exe

RENAME BF2_15.exe BF2.exe
4: Before you start the game, run ExeBFStart.bat, and when you're at the game's main menu, run ExeBFMainMenu.bat. You cannot accidentally mess up the file names, so if you run it in reverse order, the only effect will be that you will be running on the unpatched BF2.exe, and you will still get kicked by the MD5 check. Simply restart the game and run the BAT's in the correct order, and you will be good to go.
Last edited by Snares; 2009-09-08 at 20:45..
Old 2009-10-12, 21:25   #44
lbgspam

Ok, is this fixed somehow? Because I am getting this in Vista 64 bf2 1.5 PR
lbgspam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 22:44   #45
Snares

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgspam View Post
Ok, is this fixed somehow? Because I am getting this in Vista 64 bf2 1.5 PR
Is it a RendDX9.dll md5tool error? If so, you need to make sure you have the latest official hotfix installed: TV2 - Battle.no Portal - av spillere, for spillere If you do and it's still kicking you, then you probably have a different issue.
Snares is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 11:15   #46
taipohh-Est-

OK.The downloads are not thereAnd i cant try with them.
But i did too the .Bat things and it didnt help me.
I get kicked all the time..

do i realy have to not play anymore?
because its realy frustrating to get kicked 90% of servers!
taipohh-Est- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 11:57   #47
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired - Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

The Project Reality installer asks you if you want to apply this if you have not got it installed. If you chose no, but now you want to install it, you can find the required .dll file in /mods/pr/readme/extras

AncientMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 17:38   #48
omfg12333

I'm getting a RendDx9x2.dll MD5 kick. Should I modify the DxBfStart and DxBfMainMenu .bat files accordingly?

Another thing: My installer place is Program Files (x86). Should I put that space between the x86 and the word Files, or should I delete the space?
omfg12333 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
alttab, bf2, fix, renddx9dll