project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
15 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2008-12-27, 08:07   #1
PRC_Heavy_Z
Retired PR Developer

Default [[New Faction Proposal] ] PLAN Marines

Hi y'all

I am trying to put together a modding team for a new faction for PR, the PLAN Marines (People's Liberation Army Navy Marines). The idea came up quite a while ago after having a chat with Jonny regarding a second PLA faction and I've been thinking about it for some time.

The reasons why this project will be worth while would be:

New Game-Play Style
The PLAN Marines would be quite an unique faction in comparison to other PR factions for the following reasons:

1. It specializes in seaborne assaults, (limited aerial support)
2. All armored vehicles are amphibious (APC, Light Tanks, ATGM vehicles..)
3. All vehicles have lighter armor, compensated with high maneuverability and firepower

Thus, the PLAN Marines must focus on their combination of speed and firepower in order to be successful, they cannot rely upon constant toe-to-toe fighting.

Easier to Implement
This community faction will take quite some effort to complete, like any other community faction. However, this faction will be easier to complete considering most of the assets needed are already complete. Most of the work needed on this mod would be vehicles and maps.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

The maps I hope to have the PLAN Marines fight on would be mostly fairly large maps with substantial/most of the areas covered with water: Islands, Beach Heads, Swamp/wetland.

Now, some pictures... Every one loves pictures

If you wish to join and help make this community faction, please PM me with your:

1. Name
2. Skill (Modeler, Texture Artist, Mapper, etc.)
3. Contact (Xfire, MSN)

Mappers and BF2editor-Savy-Folks are especially welcomed

Here is the plan for the PLAN Marines (Pun Not Intended)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...5dCZiG8D2-CgKg

Any questions, Comments and Suggestions?

edit: 28/12 Spread sheet tasks updated will add reference pictures later...
Last edited by PRC_Heavy_Z; 2008-12-28 at 02:32..
Old 2008-12-27, 08:53   #2
MonkeySoldier

Default Re: [Proposal] PLAN Marines

So kinda like the USMC that's in PR right now? (but without a heavy tank like the Abrams) Seems to be interesting. Are there any maps they could be implanted in? Or are there new maps required?
MonkeySoldier is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 09:06   #3
PRC_Heavy_Z
Retired PR Developer

It's not like the USMC in PR right now. The PLAN Marines will have no attack choppers to back them up and they do not have an convenient aircraft carrier to stage their attack from. They will predominately be conducting seaborne assaults from 2-3 smaller transport vessels instead of the 50/50 Air/Sea carrier assaults USMC utilizes in PR.

I can think of a few community maps that this faction can use, I'd have to ask around though. Of course, if we could get new maps that'd be excellent.
PRC_Heavy_Z is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 09:15   #4
KingLorre

Would be nice starting on assault ships that have the ramp opend, with all of the vehicles inside. then drive them out of it and onto the sea and up on the beach while under fire.

Good luck with this mates!
KingLorre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 09:20   #5
arjan

Check youre PM box heavy!
And were not allowed to look at the spreadsheet?
Last edited by arjan; 2008-12-27 at 09:48..
Old 2008-12-27, 09:33   #6
Sights

Sounds like a great idea! PR needs more OPFOR, and as far as I'm concerned, the more unique the faction the better. I wouldn't be able to physically help due to general modding ineptitude, but you have my moral support.

Also, awesome camo.
Sights is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 14:12   #7
sheggalism

Send a message via MSN to sheggalism

Expanding Chinese forces is a really nice idea. Type 071 LPD would be an excellent static to start with ! And I like that ZBD2000 amphibious light tank (a kind of vehicle with no equivalent in PR). The ZLC2000 reminds me that PLA has no tracked (and armoured) IFV right now ingame (I hate the WZ551 ^^).

If I had any mapping skills, I would be glad to lend a hand somehow. I've planned to learn how to use bfeditor and so (got some map ideas and design already done for the Chinese).
sheggalism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 14:17   #8
supahpingi

I like this idea,i can help out as a moddeler tough im quite a newb so im not sure if i would be quite an addition

supahpingi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 14:32   #9
AnRK
Supporting Member

Sounds like an awesome idea to me, anything involving more asymmetrical balance is gonna be sweet. Will be nice to have tactics that's the opposite methodology to Barracuda (as cool as that also is).
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 15:13   #10
hall0

Send a message via ICQ to hall0 Send a message via MSN to hall0

Realy like the idea, because it should be an easy task. Not just because nearly lots of the work is already done, its also the one which have to be done. What i see the ZBD2000 and ZLC2000 versions use the same body so you have to do just one model for this and change the turrets.

But please give us the ship what you can see in the first pic as carrier alternative this looks so cool with his gun on the front. And make this gun usable to get equalization to the missing aircrafts. Just steal the arty code of POE2 (just kidding )

And also got one map idea. Isnt one making a new Wake Island map. This would be perfect for the PLAN Marines.
hall0 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
faction, marines, plan, proposal