project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2017-02-22, 08:10   #1
obpmgmua
Default Question for the Devs

Why do you keep developing PR? After this whole post scriptum 'controversy' I have had some heated debates with people ingame and on other forums, about monetizing modding and community expectations. What keeps you guys developing PR? Surely you must've had offers for paid work by now. Building a portfolio? That's fine but; I've been playing this mod on and off for over a decade and I've seen devs come and go. But, some of you (wont say who) have been here as long as I have. I dont mean to sound belligerent. I'm just genuinely perplexed. I do appreciate all the hardwork you guys do and keep coming back to PR whenever I need a fix. But why do you what you do?

P.S. Personally I'm in the 'I'll buy if I want it' Camp regarding post scriptum.

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 09:28   #2
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Question for the Devs

I'm a spiderman.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 09:55   #3
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post
-snip-
For the memes friend, For the memes.

Also drama. XD

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 10:36   #4
[R-CON]​LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin

IDK about the rest, but Mats is doing it for the ladies.

Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
LiamBai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 10:43   #5
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor

Its a good way to procrastinate when I need to study for tests.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 14:51   #6
[R-CON]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester

prta is known for his lack of "authority" on cheaters, your server your rules if you want to close an eye on him do so ~ A guy (who was proven to be a cheater next day) right after reporting another cheater
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 15:29   #7
HellRanger2558

Probably because this is one of the better communities around gaming rn *cough* squad *cough*.Also the devs don't have deadlines or are pressured to release something once a month (expect for ww2 devs hurry the fuck up) all in all thank you devs we are very greatful for you guys (no homo).

HellRanger2558 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 15:48   #8
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired - Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

For me, originally I started so I could learn something new. Was always interested to see how games were made, I liked computers and was starting to get into programming, so this seemed like a good enough thing to do.

Then during uni, things got a lot more serious for me, and everything was for my portfolio and furthering my knowledge.

And it all paid off. Got an awesome job out of it, almost 100% due to working on PR. Would absolutely not be where I am now if I hadn't worked on PR.

And now I stick around, staying up to date on what's going on (but I'm not playing or doing any Dev work), because I put like 8 years of my life into it, want to make sure all the devs are doing good work. And they are!

AncientMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 20:14   #9
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I'm only staying because AncientMan is still here

Hehe, jokes aside, I like creating stuff. I know BF2 modding and don't have much time to invest in something else, so I do what I know, even though I hardly have time to do some proper modding unfortunately.

But I'm sticking around, because I still want to do something useful for the Dutch and WW2. And I'm just curious to see where this great mod is going.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 20:54   #10
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
, I like creating stuff. I know BF2 modding and don't have much time to invest in something else, so I do what I know
Pretty much this for me. It's not a portfolio, it's a hobby.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
devs, question