project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Changelogs
07 Dec 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Changelogs The changelogs for recently released Project Reality versions

Closed Thread

Old 2015-05-25, 23:34   #81
Raklodder
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.3.0.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Death View Post
Why keep a DRM system? BF2 its no longer required and the game is a full standalone game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
Otherwise you can't people.
I have no problem whatsoever with the current DRM, but I have to ask; why is that? EULA?
Old 2015-05-25, 23:53   #82
Spook
Supporting Member

No, as said its to be able to ban people. How else you want to get rid of troublemakers? Currently there is almost nothing stopping them at all to ban evade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus3400 View Post
Not sure if i misunderstand this one.
Do you need a APC or IFV now in order to deploy rally points? Not just a squad leader + 2 squad members?
No. APC's always supported RP's just like Objectives and FOBs since 1.0. But not all of the vehicles that were supporting it were supposed to. Like the scimi or the scout LAV etc. They aren't APCs and will not anymore support RP's.

Last edited by [R-CON]Spook; 2015-05-26 at 00:05..
Old 2015-05-25, 23:55   #83
Dr_Death

Quote:
Otherwise you can't ban people.
Makes sense. Is the map removal actually due to map instability?

"Sorry, i dont english" - Zootsuit, Al Basrah, 2014.
Old 2015-05-25, 23:59   #84
Spook
Supporting Member

Its because they are mostly buggy in alot of aspects, especially gameplay wise and don't fulfill PR quality standards. Arctic was unfinished and Shikotan was just weird gameplay wise on all layers. + Rabbit abondened it after he started with Shikotan v2 "White Dragon".

Old 2015-05-26, 01:47   #85
ShockUnitBlack

So does this mean that I don't even need to own BF2 to play PR? Doesn't that mean that PR isn't even a mod any longer?

"I Want To Spend The Rest Of My Life With You Tonight."
Old 2015-05-26, 01:57   #86
fatalsushi83

Quote:
Updated infantry movement speed with faster sighted-in movement.
Wait, there was a whole thread about this and you guys explicitly said it was hard-coded and impossible to fix. Did you find a work-around? Does it mean that you can actually do room clearing at a reasonable speed while keeping your sights up?

Old 2015-05-26, 01:58   #87
TBoy205
Post Re: PR:BF2 v1.3.0.0 Changelog

Quote:
I invite you to help us out and learn a skill and do it for us. As we are clearly to busy with ignoring the US factions for years now...

Then we can all be happy. Until then, be happy with what you got.
What's funny is that it was fine until someone started screwing with it in 1.0 and fucked all of these factions around for someone to have to fix later. It was pointed out in the 1.0 beta and no one wanted to fix these issues.

You've had plenty of time.

Old 2015-05-26, 02:25   #88
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Fatalsushi yeah the speeds have changed so you're now faster standing up with sights up instead of crouching sights up, it also extends to all weapons so you're the same speed whether you have a scope, iron sights or you have a machine gun. No more going slower than a snail around that corner with an m249 with a scope.
Also makes cqb look a little less "bf2ish" with soldiers crouching around corners and/or sprinting around to get the surprise.

Tboy take that vitriolic attitude of yours someplace else.

Old 2015-05-26, 03:39   #89
Hokunin
Retired PR Developer

Tboy, stop being racist. You're not making it good for yourself. I've never did notice any quantity issues with asians and blacks in u.s. forces. You're the only one buggered with it. I hope you're not so ignorant in real life.

Old 2015-05-26, 06:06   #90
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBoy205 View Post
What's funny is that it was fine until someone started screwing with it in 1.0 and fucked all of these factions around for someone to have to fix later. It was pointed out in the 1.0 beta and no one wanted to fix these issues.

You've had plenty of time.
Ugh.. , as Mineral said, you're more then welcome to do it yourself, as majority of the developers have done. They learned the skills needed to.

Closed Thread

Tags
changelog, prbf2