project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
15 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2018-08-17, 22:17   #11
DogACTUAL

Default Re: Vehicle damage system

I also think a small chance of disabling with 1 frontal AP hit is actually good to combat that gamey hitpoints meta where people push a damaged tank with their tank knowing they can and will take 1 AP hit but have zero risk of losing.

Imagine if this game had a war thunder like system such a tactic would be ill adviced as well.

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-17, 22:25   #12
Carti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
Changes we are looking into right now:
  • No disabling above 80% HP
  • Change the formula to max out at 50% chance
  • Increase the chance of wheels/tracks getting disabled relative to gun
-Great
-Also great
-Yeah but not a lot

I personally would do something like this (excuse my paint skills lol)
https://imgur.com/a/w2lHlxK
Carti is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 10:54   #13
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

This is what the adjusted graph would look like:

Max chance for wheels/tracks disabling stays the same, chance for gun disabling gets reduced.
In numbers this means for gun disabling for tanks:
Chance of front AP hit to disable:
Right now: ~31%
New: ~16%

Chance of front ATGM hit to disable:
Right now: ~16%
New: ~7%

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 11:22   #14
Raidonrai
PR Server License Administrator

Those new numbers are much more reasonable and has shifted the risk/reward in the right direction, tyvm.
Raidonrai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 22:20   #15
DogACTUAL

Can't believe i am suggesting this, but can you make the max chance for wheels/track disabling a bit higher?

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
Old 2018-08-19, 10:50   #16
Carti

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Can't believe i am suggesting this, but can you make the max chance for wheels/track disabling a bit higher?
Yeah because if the devs implement the newer graph it would be literally impossible to kill vehicles. I guess it would be fun for apc/tank players but not so much for inf.
Carti is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-19, 12:36   #17
solidfire93

Gun/Cannon disabling is way better than disabling wheels/tracks, imo i say lets test a bit with this small change and see what happens, cause when the gun of a Tank/IFV/apc get disabled it wont be able to engage enemies and got no choice other than RTBing to main and repair, or find a logi out there... and that's a good thing for infy.
solidfire93 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-19, 21:43   #18
DogACTUAL

Reasonable idea. I just asked for a bit more track disabling since when testing it it almost never happened.

------------------
Old 2018-08-20, 07:22   #19
solidfire93

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Reasonable idea. I just asked for a bit more track disabling since when testing it it almost never happened.
yes it should get a bit higher, but for getting hit by HAT/ATGM's not LAT, Also i hope those fixed cannons that we have around Kozelsk, fools road, and Dragon fly, be able to disable Tank,APC gun breech or at least track their turrets... maybe i'll try to test them see if they any good now !
solidfire93 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 02:17   #20
PBAsydney

Lost the tracks on a Leopard to a single AP to front armor after getting the drop on two enemy tanks. Really adds an annoying RNG factor to tank fights. Is it unreasonable that tracking should only occur if damage taken is more than the 33% that the frontal AP will do? All APCs will take more than that in damage from a single LAT anyway so the LAT vs APC balance should stay the same.

HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, system, vehicle