project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2010-02-23, 23:17   #1
Dankicity
Default [Map] Wake Island (4km) [WIP]

Name : Wake Atoll
Size: 4km (6km area @ 2/3 scale)
Factions : China attacking USMC
Game Play Type : Infantry Focus. Light air and ground support.
Download : none

Minimap : (updated 5/19/10 - Diff version in-game)
// Thank G+ for making me mess with picasa settings

Screenshots : (updated 5/24/10)
// do no evil my arrse

Video : (updated 5/6/10)

Resources : image search and some good detail images and a PDF (but they took it offline) where I found some misc info like the height. Also found details of plant life on the island here (1930's) and PDF (1960's)
Last edited by Dankicity; 2012-01-30 at 08:58..
Old 2010-02-23, 23:21   #2
[R-CON]​Zeno
PR:BF2 Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Zeno
Default Re: [MAP] Wake Island (4km) [WIP]

Quickly! post some crappy ingameshots so that you can keep the devs and mods happy!

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 23:34   #3
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

i wish you good luck would be nice to have a more real Wake Island than the crappy vBf2 stuff
even though CA already did a 8km version of Wake

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 23:49   #4
Sniper77shot

Post screenshots.
Sniper77shot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 00:09   #5
NyteMyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok@ndy View Post
i wish you good luck would be nice to have a more real Wake Island than the crappy vBf2 stuff
even though CA already did a 8km version of Wake
Which was...vBF2 with alot more water?
NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 01:17   #6
anglomanii

just as a side note remember the reef around wake in real life is VERY shallow so even in a storm situation you will have very little water over the reef. also even today there are a few japenese wrecks under water in the outer reef.

<22:31:15> "Supahpingi": i was actually mastrubating ferosiosly to mike meyers pictures
anglomanii is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 06:32   #7
Darksidesix
Supporting Member

I would like to see a remake of Iwo Jima. this looks like it will be a classic map
Darksidesix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 07:07   #8
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteMyre View Post
if you scale a map from 2km to 8km not only the water will get scaled also the island and CA placed some statics there but yes it was still vBf2 style

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 10:13   #9
Snazz
Supporting Member

How are China invading the island? Will they start off with a position already established on the island?

Because there's no Chinese naval/amphibious assets apart from possibly using a cargo ship like the Russians on Beirut.

May want to reverse it so the Marines are making an amphibious assault like in VBF2.
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 10:18   #10
Dankicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteMyre View Post
I had seen the posts. The whole idea of this map, and I believe PR, is to show what EA (anyone to date) could/should have made. For us folk here in reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglomanii View Post
the reef around wake in real life is VERY shallow.... also even today there are a few japenese wrecks under water in the outer reef.
One map shows a couple wrecks and ruins in the water. I guess I know what the ruins are now. And yes, the outer reef is shallow, varies from 1-3 feet (slopes to middle of island) but it should/will be a rough drive. The same map also mentions many small "coral heads" that are exposed in very low tides (insert flashbacks of inf swimming vainly from a savage rape gang).

No screen : I apologize for this breach of procedure. I'll probably post a couple this weekend along with a real minimap. I just have the level stripped down while I'm placing the buildings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazz View Post
there's no Chinese naval/amphibious assets ... May want to reverse it so the Marines are making an amphibious assault like in VBF2.
Yes, the Chinese landed by cargo ships in the initial sneak attack but were forced to pull out to where they could anchor safely, leaving their foothold on the island (it's a stretch for sure). I think the swap is a needed change to separate it more from vanilla.
Last edited by Dankicity; 2010-02-24 at 11:14..

Tags
4km, island, map, wake, wip