project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR Community Event Forums > Community Match Archives (Closed for Posting)
21 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Match Archives (Closed for Posting) Archive of all old threads

Old 2009-05-27, 16:03   #1
Matrox
Retired PR Developer

Default Non-official community events and you.

Many server admins love to have their own community events on thier servers. I'm sure many of you have seen or heard of IgI's mumble night, TG's insurgency World Series or Australias 10v10 clan ladder.

This is really helpful for us as the PR team, as it keeps the community engaged, and allows players to play in something a little bit different to normal public gaming (just like what we strive to do).

Therefore, the community events will also be used to release news on info for current and future unofficial PR events. Bit of advertising for others hard work kinda thing.

Just a simple FYI, and for you guys to be on the look out for any events that could be going on in any communities that you often frequent. If a server admin PM's you with details of an event they are organising, or would like some advice on, get some info, thier server graphic if possible, and post it up here!

Any thoughts on this?

If you can find the four ninjas in my post, pm me to find out the prize....

Soalic: Because Microsoft Word makes really good pictures.
Last edited by Matrox; 2009-05-27 at 16:11..
Old 2009-05-27, 17:37   #2
cyberzomby

Default Re: Non-official community events and you.

Hmmm. Not sure if I get what you are going at. I'd just keep it like this. Let them post there events here to alert the community. The way IGI did/does. If you post them in here it might get a little crazy with events and official events. Now its perfectly clear: everything in the community event section is from us, the rest is un-official events. We should try on getting the rest besides IGI to post up on the forums or at least tell the PR devs what they are hosting. That way its clear for us. I didnt knew about TG's insurgency ladder or the Australian Open (pun) about just now.
Old 2009-05-27, 18:02   #3
Matrox
Retired PR Developer

[QUOTE='[R-COM]cyberzomby;1035694']Hmmm. Not sure if I get what you are going at. I'd just keep it like this. Let them post there events here to alert the community. The way IGI did/does. If you post them in here it might get a little crazy with events and official events. Now its perfectly clear: everything in the community event section is from us, the rest is un-official events. We should try on getting the rest besides IGI to post up on the forums or at least tell the PR devs what they are hosting. That way its clear for us. I didnt knew about TG's insurgency ladder or the Australian Open (pun) about just now.[/QUOTE]

heh i think i've managed to confuse you :p

This section of the forums, the orange world, is going to stay as official community events. no changes here, everything is to do with our events.

However, if you look at the News/Announcements parts of the forum, where you have Official PR news, tourney news, Dev Journal and BSS news, that going to change from PR official events news, to PR Events news. this was a request from some of the senior devs, as they want us to give all the community a chance to promote their events :)

If you can find the four ninjas in my post, pm me to find out the prize....

Soalic: Because Microsoft Word makes really good pictures.
Old 2009-05-27, 18:22   #4
Wilkinson

Send a message via AIM to Wilkinson Send a message via MSN to Wilkinson

I GET IT :D

Think of iGi's mumble night guys. How they had their own sigs and stuff. What we would do is get out into the public with our own PR Sub-Forum at the top and help spread the word. We would make some graphics helping and possibly even make an MOTD and put it in the PR Game (It should be updated frequently IMO) What we need to do is help Publize this. I am full 100 Percent happy to do this. It would save US Time and still help spread the word Offically:D

Old 2009-05-27, 18:49   #5
cyberzomby

[QUOTE='[R-DEV]Matrox;1035719']heh i think...QUOTE]

Aaaah! I got you. Totaly clear and good idea for sure. Would promote clans/communitys setting up more events!
Old 2009-05-27, 22:39   #6
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)
PR Server License Moderator

[url]https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr-general-discussion/60439-pelitutka-fi-presents-heavy-assets-sunday-feat-mumble-31th.html[/url] <- This. Just tell me what you need to know and I will find out.

Tags
community, events, nonofficial