project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
17 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Old 2018-03-04, 06:36   #1
MirkoR
Default Cant play whit a friend in COOP

ive tried everything and i cant find a way to play coop whit my friend, he just downloaded the game and i wanna play whit hem before jumping to oficial servers, can someone plis help me to get this fixed? i tried whit hamachi to but nothing working
MirkoR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 07:18   #2
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Default Re: Cant play whit a friend in COOP

Join the same coop server

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 09:54   #3
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

Host (Create local) needs to open port 16567 UDP.
Client uses the "Join ip" button to join.
You do not need hamachi/VPN. Create local still allows remote connections.
If you don't know how to operate your router and open ports, just join an existing coop server.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 15:54   #4
MirkoR

sweedensniiperr i want to make my own coop server to play whit my friend becose some coop servers have many people and we dont wanna feel akward doing wrong things (we still learning this game) and some maps doesnt has tanks or apcs and if they do they r whit people already, and if u thinking in we can join a empty server and then swich maps, the only servers that are empty they have hig ping for me and my friend :/.
[R-DEV]AlonTavor so, when i create a local (in coop i think u mean that) my friend goes to coop and he dosnt sees "local" he just see "internet (or network, i have my game in spanish)" and he cant join, since he goes to network and join by ip (i know u said i dont need hamachi but idk what else to put in "ip") and he cant join. the only "local" we can see is in "deploy" but its posible to conect to a coop server if u go to "deploy" and then "local" and join by ip?.
also, is necesary to put Password and name of the server? or how u join?. thy u for the help, if i didnt understand something u said before is my bad inglish.
Old 2018-03-04, 17:41   #5
_MB_

Hey, haven't played coop for some time, but from what I remember, when I started PR for the first time and went to a COOP server and told my SL that I am new, he was extremly helpful to introduce me into the game. I would bet this hasn't changed since then. If you know how to spawn, join a squad and use mumble (default hotkeys num0 and H), then the best you can do to get into the game is just go for it, join a squad on coop server and tell them you are new and I belive you are quite likely to have a good time and learn the basics much quicker.
_MB_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 17:54   #6
MirkoR

_MB_ thy u for worring about my problem, but i dont have a mic (reason for what i also dont play oficial servers) and my friend does, so i wanna use a tank whit my friend(he has a mic) and practise there and get experience and know about the "tank" in the game, but in coop servers i cant talk to them and maybe some of the maps dosnt has tanks in there or if they do and they r not ocupied already, is kind of akward that u r doing wrong some stuff and people is seeing u. but thy u
Old 2018-03-05, 07:07   #7
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

Joining "local server" always worked, you just need to open your port.

If you don't know what that means, don't bother and just go join the same server.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 16:16   #8
MirkoR

i just figuer it out yesterday, thy u anyway for your help

Tags
coop, friend, play, whit