project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-01-09, 14:59   #1
tipodurouno
Unhappy problem with ban

Hello everyone. The first thing I wanted is to ask forgiveness because my English is very bad. I am from Spain. I have a problem, and I think it will not be easy to solve. I am 35 years old. And I have a son of 12 years. I inherited this computer for my son. The problem is that a few months ago my son install an illegal version of bf2 on this computer (my son told me nothing about this). Before I knew this computer, my son and uninstall bf2 project reality. Today I bought a digital version of Battlefield 2 and I've installed your fantastic mod. My surprise is that I'm banned on many servers where my son tried to play. And on other servers tell me that my CD-KEY is invalid. He has confessed to me seeing that I could not enter the servers. I am forced to apologize for this situation. And I wonder should I do to fix this (if this is possible). I feel embarrassed writing this .... but .... I have no choice. Greetings and thank you very much.
tipodurouno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 18:20   #2
matty1053

Default Re: problem with ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipodurouno View Post
Hello everyone. The first thing I wanted is to ask forgiveness because my English is very bad. I am from Spain. I have a problem, and I think it will not be easy to solve. I am 35 years old. And I have a son of 12 years. I inherited this computer for my son. The problem is that a few months ago my son install an illegal version of bf2 on this computer (my son told me nothing about this). Before I knew this computer, my son and uninstall bf2 project reality. Today I bought a digital version of Battlefield 2 and I've installed your fantastic mod. My surprise is that I'm banned on many servers where my son tried to play. And on other servers tell me that my CD-KEY is invalid. He has confessed to me seeing that I could not enter the servers. I am forced to apologize for this situation. And I wonder should I do to fix this (if this is possible). I feel embarrassed writing this .... but .... I have no choice. Greetings and thank you very much.
If you bought a new digital version of BF2 TODAY, then you should have no problem. Did you create a new account? If you have your same account when your son was banned from servers... that is probably the issue. Create a new account if you didn't already. But I am not 'master of the internet'. The Devs could help you out 100x more then me.
I hope you get on PR! Great Community!!

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 07:17   #3
ComedyInK

I think the illegal key is saved and cannot be overridden with an uninstall/reinstall of the game/mod and needs to be edited by editing the registry. Will need dev/LITORALIS, our lord and savior to answer.
ComedyInK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 08:37   #4
Illidan1996

Maybe it'll work:

SOLUTION:
1. Set date on PC forward a few days.
2. Use a CD-Key changer to change the cd-key for Battlefield 2. (Run the key changer as an administrator.)
3. Run BF2.exe (Not sure if necessary, but this was done on my end.)
4. Set date on PC back to current date.
5. Enjoy PR!

And also it's known bug or something. Smart people never stop asking
Illidan1996 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 09:15   #5
tipodurouno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan1996 View Post
Maybe it'll work:

SOLUTION:
2. Use a CD-Key changer to change the cd-key for Battlefield 2. (Run the key changer as an administrator.)
5. Enjoy PR!

And also it's known bug or something. Smart people never stop asking
what is CD-KEY changer? where I can find it? It is 100% reliable? thanks for your quick response
Old 2015-01-10, 09:42   #6
tipodurouno

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
If you bought a new digital version of BF2 TODAY, then you should have no problem. Did you create a new account? If you have your same account when your son was banned from servers... that is probably the issue. Create a new account if you didn't already. But I am not 'master of the internet'. The Devs could help you out 100x more then me.
I hope you get on PR! Great Community!!
i try it.....not working
Old 2015-01-10, 14:51   #7
Navo

Can you see the CD key that came with your digital edition?
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 15:03   #8
tipodurouno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo View Post
Can you see the CD key that came with your digital edition?
yes.....I have the cd key in an email
Old 2015-01-10, 16:44   #9
[R-DEV]​LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

Hello, welcome to PR,

SOLUTION:
video tutorial in Spanish :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXygYW3RK58
You want to enter the CDKEY you just bought when you get to that part of the tutorial.

5. Enjoy PR!

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 17:21   #10
tipodurouno

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
Hello, welcome to PR,

SOLUTION:
video tutorial in Spanish :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXygYW3RK58
You want to enter the CDKEY you just bought when you get to that part of the tutorial.

5. Enjoy PR!
I still can not enter

they probably ban my I.P.

I do not know what to do

Tags
ban, problem