project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Sep 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2020-08-17, 20:09   #1
Sukhoi Su47
Default How do I use the spike lr atgm on puma ifv? I miss everytime.

Hi I just tried using this vehicles ATGM spike LR and when I press fire it says seek and then misses Russian tank. Note: it was around a corner , I assume by default it is set to fire and forget. Is there a way to switch to fiber optic link (wire) guided? If not , how do I get it to hit. Thanks I am stupid please help.
Last edited by Sukhoi Su47; 2020-08-17 at 20:23.. Reason: Error
Old 2020-08-17, 20:46   #2
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Puma IFV

Eh, pardon me if I'll have to explain it in a sort of roundabout way but the game has a number of restrictions placed on it due to the original programming. One of which is that it's not possible for us to simulate proper gunner feedback. The "SEEK" icon that displays when launching ATGM is our way of cluing you in that the weapon can be used in the first place, so if "SEEK" doesn't appear(eg. when you just switched to the weapon), it means the weapon system is not yet ready; the missile will not be launched. If we wouldn't do that, you'd have no way of checking prior to engaging a target, potentially leaving you exposed for too long.

As a general rule for you to keep in mind is that besides AA missiles nothing in the game has an automated targeting system. Unlike the actual SPIKE missile, our version will not ever have an automated top-attack feature, nor will it do an automated lock-on after launch by itself, it will always work as wire-guided missile due to aforementioned restrictions.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-17, 23:14   #3
Niki-Tret

Default Re: How do I use the spike lr atgm on puma ifv? I miss everytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoi Su47 View Post
Hi I just tried using this vehicles ATGM spike LR and when I press fire it says seek and then misses Russian tank. Note: it was around a corner , I assume by default it is set to fire and forget. Is there a way to switch to fiber optic link (wire) guided? If not , how do I get it to hit. Thanks I am stupid please help.
Frontliner alredy explained you everything, but I didn't see that he answered to your question "How do I get it to hit?" (if you wanred to know that)
So when you hold LMB and it is showing "SEEK" untill it fire a missile than you just hold your "crosshair" (sight) on your target untill missile hits the target. If target is moving you can follow it with your "crosshair" while missile is in air, but I suggest you to hold your "crosshair" little bit in front of the targer especially if your missile is very close to the target when you the tarhet starts to move and you aim towards it, then move it even more in front of the target. Just remember that all ATGM missiles follow your "crosshair".

!!!ASSET WHORE!!!
Niki-Tret is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-18, 05:38   #4
InfantryGamer42

Arent Puma Spike ATGM alaunched at angle like static and HAT kit Spike, which means you need to compensate at close and mid range?
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-31, 14:55   #5
Niki-Tret

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
Arent Puma Spike ATGM alaunched at angle like static and HAT kit Spike, which means you need to compensate at close and mid range?
No it is launched horizontally and you just need to hold your aim on target.

!!!ASSET WHORE!!!
Niki-Tret is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bug