project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion > PR:WWII Suggestions
22 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:WWII Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2017-11-03, 21:00   #1
Bazookaro
Default Japan special forces plane version

If you read the title and wondering what i am talking about, dont worry.
I am talking about Kamikaze planes, i wonder if there going to be a Japanese faction will we get the kamikaze planes?

Japan did great damage with kamikaze tactics, and i was just thinking perhaps it would be a great idea to actually add a plane that is filled with explosives and on contact it would do great damage.
We already have the bomb cars for the original PR it would be epic if we could add some "bomb planes" in the upcoming ww2 mod.

Or do we not have the manpower or the power to add something like that?
Bazookaro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-03, 21:25   #2
QuickLoad

QuickLoad's Avatar
Default Re: Japan special forces plane version

i'm sure that is in the mind and kamikaze planes would/will/are going to exist and as you said VBIEDs already exist in PR.

buuuut from what i've heard and seen(you can look back on posts) the pacific theater isn't going to be a thing for awhile, and neither will the eastern front, for now only the western front of europe.

edit: but it will probably please you to know that those things exist in the files(like japanese faction)
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 00:27   #3
FlyingR
Default Re: Japan special forces plane version

Kamikazes were useless, didn't affect at all the course of war. BTW, there aren't any specific "Kamikaze" planes, it could be any plane, so you can do this in the European theater by grabbing an 109/190, P51, or Stuka and crashing it into a tank. You might do this once though, cause your ass will get banned.
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 07:46   #4
assetruler69
PR Server License Administrator

assetruler69's Avatar
Default Re: Japan special forces plane version

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingR View Post
You might do this once though, cause your ass will get banned.
And this is going to be realistic af. Because after kamikaze banzai'ed into something they were banned from life.
assetruler69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-08, 05:06   #5
QuickLoad

QuickLoad's Avatar
Default Re: Japan special forces plane version

Quote:
Originally Posted by assetruler69 View Post
And this is going to be realistic af. Because after kamikaze banzai'ed into something they were banned from life.
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-08, 23:45   #6
agus92
Default Re: Japan special forces plane version

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingR View Post
Kamikazes were useless, didn't affect at all the course of war. BTW, there aren't any specific "Kamikaze" planes, it could be any plane, so you can do this in the European theater by grabbing an 109/190, P51, or Stuka and crashing it into a tank. You might do this once though, cause your ass will get banned.
That's not entirely true. At the end of the war a few variants of a kamikaze purpose built plane were built, the Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka. On it's most used variant, a bomber carried winged torpedo with a cabin and solid boosters for the final approach. Basically a human-guided missile. I think the idea has some merit, but according to wiki US post war results claim Ohka's had no effect due to the dense AA cover.
agus92 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 10:45   #7
FlyingR
Default Re: Japan special forces plane version

Quote:
Originally Posted by agus92 View Post
That's not entirely true. At the end of the war a few variants of a kamikaze purpose built plane were built, the Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka. On it's most used variant, a bomber carried winged torpedo with a cabin and solid boosters for the final approach. Basically a human-guided missile. I think the idea has some merit, but according to wiki US post war results claim Ohka's had no effect due to the dense AA cover.
Yes I know about the Ohka, but it's considered as you said, a human-guided missile or rocket, not a plane :P Most planes used by suicide pilots were either some random plane or bombers. Nonetheless, if by some miracle the Pacific Theater was made in PR, then most probable the Zero and the Val would be modeled and using them as suicide planes would pretty useless and most likely against the rules.
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 15:46   #8
agus92
Default Re: Japan special forces plane version

Indeed and indeed.
agus92 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 16:44   #9
FlyingR
Default Re: Japan special forces plane version

Quote:
Originally Posted by agus92 View Post
Indeed and indeed.
Wow really? Is that all? I did not expect this from you xD
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
forces, japan, plane, special, version
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 17:11.