project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR Community Event Forums > Community Match Archives (Closed for Posting)
19 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Match Archives (Closed for Posting) Archive of all old threads

Old 2009-06-07, 16:59   #1
Matrox
Retired PR Developer

Default Community Events team and some new changes.

I have discussed with members of the dev team on the forums, and other members of the community on Xfire, and have spent a lot of time thinking about how things will now pan out. The changes will be a lot of work for the team, and will not be up for discussion. This is not a thread to discuss these changes, as these changes are happening right now. it's a thread to tell you what will be happening, just so you have been informed.

I explained to the developers in a post that last night was a bit difficult, due to the fact that we have to focus on sign-ups, allow commanders to organise their battle plans and then release files to everybody in short time spaces.

The fact of the matter is, for the style of game play we are going for now, it simply can't work and wont work with the resources we have. We wont be getting internal or external forums whatsoever, so this is out of the question.

From henceforth, the R-COM team will have 3 priorities:

1. Promote official and non-official community events.

2. Conduct and organise a wider range of events. these include mumble nights, fight the team nights, possible 6v6 ladders or little leagues, and occasional audited map packs -
not individual map nights.

3. Conduct and organise training events for the community.

This is going to take a few weeks to get organised, and we will need to rebuild the team ground up from the beginning, as we are, in effect, re-doing the community events.

Over the next 2 weeks we will be releasing the retro map pack, and using other Dev's, myself, Wilkinson, some admins from the PR tournament and a couple of the training team planners to construct a new strategy plan for the community events team.

During this time, it is quite likely the [R-Com] team will be dissolved and then re-instigated at a later date (within a couple of weeks). Positions will formally go up again and you are more than welcome to apply for your old post, where you will have a a very large chance of getting your old job back. The main reason for doing this is to give the management time to create the plan behind closed doors, decide what jobs we require in the new R-Com team, and to also allow any members of the team to have a couple of weeks to to think about whether or not they want to be in the new events team.

I understand that many of you may feel angered by this, and I also understand that a few groups from the community also do want the organised team matches. However, as I have stated in the past, and as last night proved to me. There is no way we can do these organised teamwork events. For this, people will simply have to sign up for the toruny, or go onto one of the many organsied password nights provided by members of the community.

For those of you that return or stay with us, then I look forward to working with you in the future. For those of you who do not want to work with the R-Com team and do not feel you can give 100%, then thank you for you time and i personally want to wish you all the best in the future.

Cheers,

Matrox.

If you can find the four ninjas in my post, pm me to find out the prize....

Soalic: Because Microsoft Word makes really good pictures.
Old 2009-06-07, 17:24   #2
Cpl.Small

Send a message via MSN to Cpl.Small
Default Re: Community Events team and some new changes.

So if we re apply there's a good chance of getting back on the team?

Old 2009-06-07, 17:39   #3
Matrox
Retired PR Developer

Of course, it's more or less a given!

If you can find the four ninjas in my post, pm me to find out the prize....

Soalic: Because Microsoft Word makes really good pictures.
Old 2009-06-07, 17:48   #4
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)
PR Server License Moderator

Wont be applying another time. Thanks for a fine time, the first Raid of Fallujah event is what you should aim at. Anything under, and it will be the same kind of failure as RoF2.

Old 2009-06-07, 18:19   #5
Wilkinson

Send a message via AIM to Wilkinson Send a message via MSN to Wilkinson

[QUOTE='[R-COM]L4gi;1046931']Wont be applying another time. Thanks for a fine time, the first Raid of Fallujah event is what you should aim at. Anything under, and it will be the same kind of failure as RoF2.[/QUOTE]

Like I told you mate it was a Trial Task. An experimental Process we were looking into. I don't see why you can't understand this.

Old 2009-06-07, 18:22   #6
cyberzomby

Hmmm interesting change of events for sure. I'll see what you plan behind those doors and make my decission based on that. Wilkinson, will this mean you wont be needing that movie anymore? Since theres not much to be advertised because everything is going to change.
Old 2009-06-07, 19:11   #7
Wilkinson

Send a message via AIM to Wilkinson Send a message via MSN to Wilkinson

[QUOTE='[R-COM]cyberzomby;1046961']Hmmm interesting change of events for sure. I'll see what you plan behind those doors and make my decission based on that. Wilkinson, will this mean you wont be needing that movie anymore? Since theres not much to be advertised because everything is going to change.[/QUOTE]

I would still love to see it. Not Mandatory but I would like it

Old 2009-06-07, 20:44   #8
VoXiNaTiOn

I'll be back, that's for sure.

[QUOTE='[R-DEV]Matrox;1046888']Over the next 2 weeks we will be releasing the retro map pack, and using other Dev's, myself, Wilkinson, some admins from the PR tournament and a couple of the training team planners to construct a new strategy plan for the community events team.[/quote]

Wait, wha about the PRT?

[quote]During this time, it is quite likely the [R-Com] team will be dissolved and then re-instigated at a later date (within a couple of weeks). Positions will formally go up again and you are more than welcome to apply for your old post, where you will have a a very large chance of getting your old job back. The main reason for doing this is to give the management time to create the plan behind closed doors, decide what jobs we require in the new R-Com team, and to also allow any members of the team to have a couple of weeks to to think about whether or not they want to be in the new events team.

[/QUOTE]

Any help needed just shout.

Tags
community, events, team