project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
22 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-26, 23:33   #11
maniac1031

Default Re: Aimbot, lag or none of the above?

He may have been stationary for a while behind the corner before he came around because it takes 5 sec of constant movement before your deviation resets.
Old 2010-08-26, 23:50   #12
NinJawa

First off: I know how deviation works. Before even loading up the game I looked over the manual a few times, watched several YouTube tutorials and even asked my friends about their experiences.

Second: Smeggles, he was completely hidden and actually dove to the ground when I saw him, hinting that he was sprinting to the corner.

Third: This is also addressed to Smeggles. I was the last one left alive in my squad, because they accidentally left me behind while I was grabbing a medic kit and they all got killed at relatively the same time, so squad support was unavailable if you were wondering.

Fourth: I posted this thread looking for support, or maybe someone that's had this happen to them before, so it's a tad annoying having trolls call me a "noob" simply because I was victimized by lag or whatever else. (and you would think the mod would fall into the helpful category rather than the troll category, but oh well.)

Anyway, thanks to everyone that was helpful, and to all the trolls reading this: Go ahead and comment, but I'm done with this thread as it really didn't go how I wanted it to.
Old 2010-08-27, 00:22   #13
badmojo420
Supporting Member

An aimbot wouldn't work very well in PR, the deviation would cause it to miss. It's almost better to just spray some bullets in the general direction(which might be what happened in your case) hoping to score a hit. Because if you think about it, the only thing you can count on when your deviation is at it's max, is that the bullet will NOT land where your cross-hair is pointing.
Old 2010-08-27, 02:09   #14
Epipen

Once i was shooting at a enemy soldier(mec)and i was about 200 or 300m away from him, he was lying down and confused, behind a cover, searching for me, but looking to the wrong direction, (i was East of him but he was looking for W or NW) and then he suddenly went from prone to standing,looked at me and fired only ONE round with the g3, i saw the tracer bullet and HEADSHOT.

I've saw many other things like this before, but this one was just ridiculous...
Last edited by Epipen; 2010-08-27 at 02:29..
Old 2010-08-27, 02:49   #15
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epipen View Post
Once i was shooting at a enemy soldier(mec)and i was about 200 or 300m away from him, he was lying down and confused, behind a cover, searching for me, but looking to the wrong direction, (i was East of him but he was looking for W or NW) and then he suddenly went from prone to standing,looked at me and fired only ONE round with the g3, i saw the tracer bullet and HEADSHOT.

I've saw many other things like this before, but this one was just ridiculous...
Maybe his squad leader spotted you with the binocs and put a mark on you? If he was going from prone to standing before he shot at you, his deviation was at its lowest. I will often score a head shot with my first shot. It all about aiming and knowing when the deviation is at its lowest.
Old 2010-08-27, 12:02   #16
Eddiereyes909
Retired Forum Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Eddiereyes909 Send a message via MSN to Eddiereyes909

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinJawa View Post
Fourth: I posted this thread looking for support, or maybe someone that's had this happen to them before, so it's a tad annoying having trolls call me a "noob" simply because I was victimized by lag or whatever else. (and you would think the mod would fall into the helpful category rather than the troll category, but oh well.)
Trolol.

You left yourself open to being called a noob by ending your post that way.

You have to realize that there are a lot of variables in game, and that everytime you go ingame you can expect anything to happen. There is no "deviation bug", so there are hundreds of possible scenario's to explain why you got killed.

Who knows, it could have been a sniper using his pistol 20 yards away..

"You know we've had to imagine the war here, and we have imagined that it was being fought by aging men like ourselves. We had forgotten that wars were fought by babies. When I saw those freshly shaved faces, it was a shock "My God, my God?" I said to myself. "It's the Children's Crusade."- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter House Five
Old 2010-08-27, 12:18   #17
Smegburt_funkledink

Quote:
Or am I just being a noob?
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 View Post
You're just being a noob.

Some people are better at the game. It happens.
Quote:
it's a tad annoying having trolls call me a "noob" simply because I was victimized by lag or whatever else. (and you would think the mod would fall into the helpful category rather than the troll category, but oh well.)
As Eddie has already pointed out, you left yourself open for that. I can assure you that he wouldn't have posted that if you hadn't already asked if you were being a noob.

Quote:
Anyway, thanks to everyone that was helpful, and to all the trolls reading this: Go ahead and comment, but I'm done with this thread as it really didn't go how I wanted it to.
Nobody has been trolling... I don't see how else this thread could have gone. Some people have posted tips or hints, some have explained deviation and some have said it may just be bad luck or down to you being a noob.

There's not really much else to say.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Old 2010-08-27, 12:47   #18
Epipen

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
Maybe his squad leader spotted you with the binocs and put a mark on you? If he was going from prone to standing before he shot at you, his deviation was at its lowest. I will often score a head shot with my first shot. It all about aiming and knowing when the deviation is at its lowest.
He was with a oficer kit, he was looking to W or NW and suddenly looked at me and fired in a split of second...

i've remeber that one day, a idf soldier was over a building searching for enemies, it wasn't looking at me, and then he suddenly jumped to prone looked at me and fired only 1 round and killed me in a split of second...

maybe they're very lucky, or maybe cheating, the last punkbuster update was in 2009...

Anyway, these things doesn't happen all the time, i don't really care... we (hamas) won that round anyway....
Old 2010-08-27, 12:50   #19
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

come on lads, be nice to eachother ffs....

pistol is good as it is imo, its settle time is short, its deploytime is short also, and its power isn't bad, remember this isn't the movies where dudes fall dead immediately after getting a bullet in any particular place.

Old 2010-08-27, 14:32   #20
Wakain

look this is the second topic you made in about a day in which you seem to have problems with accuracy and handling and in which you state disbelief on how others seem to use these weapons in a more practical and satisfying way.

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're a noob, but
1. do you experience a lot of lag? if so, you might want to decrease some settings(especially textures)accordingly in the options menu.
2. do you understand the whole pr deviation system? take your time to get adjusted and comfortable with the weapon handling, preferably in coop or singleplayer where you can do what you want and use your weapon a lot more often so you can get used to them faster.

a lot of times people do things that make you thing they are cheating but most of the times there are reasonable explanations, luck is an important factor in a lot of situations as well. if something happens like that, don't just get angry, don't take it personal and don't create a thread on it but instead try to beat that guy in a mature way using the means at hand ingame.

regards
Closed Thread

Tags
aimbot, lag