project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
17 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2016-10-08, 18:29   #41
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole
Default Re: Amount of commander players in the Project Reality Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
On top of that, in the future, we should maybe make a list of HCOs, 2iCs, XOs, PLs, SLs and NCOs too, completed and partly completed. Perhaps even a list for everyone in the tournament, from admins to privates?
I think a fairly comprehensive list of Officers might be doable, at least in the modern PRT (C6/7 onwards?) but I doubt we could compile a complete roster of all the teams. I would be interested in helping out further with this sort of historical cataloging however, its a shame that so much has been lost in my opinion. Things like Battlerecorder files, screenshots, end game screenshots, scores should all be saved and publicly archived in some fashion. Its awesome that we have PRISM videos these days. Speaking of which Onil linked me to these the other day:

http://www.gloryhoundz.com/prmt/prmt_c4b3/

http://www.gloryhoundz.com/prmt/prmt_c4b4/

http://www.gloryhoundz.com/prmt/prmt_c4b5/

Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 17:56   #42
Michael_Denmark

Quote:
I think a fairly comprehensive list of Officers might be doable, at least in the modern PRT (C6/7 onwards?)
If possible that would be awesome Web.

Quote:
but I doubt we could compile a complete roster of all the teams.
sadly yes, then again, who knows, perhaps the people doing this will figure it out?

Quote:
Things like Battlerecorder files, screenshots, end game screenshots, scores should all be saved and publicly archived in some fashion.
Totally agree. No doubt this type of data, also has the potential of a future market in it self. Perhaps even big money, for the company understanding the target group/s and receiver group/s needs correctly? Gonna be a lot of analysis to be done on this one, glad I am not on that team, far too much work, basically being a bad word too

Quote:
Its awesome that we have PRISM videos these days. Speaking of which Onil linked me to these the other day:
Just vital - sad we do not have them from back then, I am sure that the developer team at some point, could earn a dollar or two, providing access to those videos, for old players whom in 20 years from now, wanna go through their internet gaming history? Digital Moments, now theirs a company name lol

Absolutely awesome! Think I have seen the Ejod video, long time ago? Great to watch those old battles and maps, not to mention, now I think of it, the player names, aha, several players from those videos are still active in these forums. Can hurt to ask them if they remember who was in command. Bonus video.

Ejod, a great map for training inter squad timings and battle rhythm, -at least related to battle plans

Jabal, still holds water, offensive in depth versus defense in depth, or the more slow frag fun when deploying wide from start; slope by slope, corner by corner. Best offensive I have even seen in PR was on this map by a German CO, using those helicopters to speed up the battle, totally!

Al Fallujah Region, speed or nothing lol - made my first battle plan in PR for that map, good old dusty map

Thanks for sharing Web!

Anyhow, in regard to C7, lots of names but no real list of order, yet. Lets see:

Campaign 7
NATO 1 & NATO 2 Armies

Starting SCOs
C7 Eddiereyes (source Wicca)

Replacement SCOs

Ending SCOs

Starting COs

Ending COs

Campaign 7
CATA 1 & CATA 2 Armies

Starting SCOs
Bonsai (source Bonsai PM)
Aquiller (L4gi)

Replacement SCOs

Ending SCOs
Aquiller (L4gi)

Starting COs
Bonsai (source Bonsai PM)
HunterMed (not starting CO I think cause he writes GSO and CO in his profile, for C7)
Aquiller (L4gi)
Afvalbak (L4gi)

Replacement COs
Some you the names in starting COs, clearly has to be replacements...but who?

Ending COs
?
?

Afvalbak - Retired CATA 2 CO (who took over after HunterMed)
Aquiller CATA CO and SC (CATA 1 or 3?)
Grayeknight?
CasualtyUR was he NATO SCO in C7?
Jigsaw NATO CO in C7, C8?
Scot NATO CO in C7, C8??
Smeg NATO CO in C7, C8??
Funk NATO CO in C7, C8??
Tirak NATO CO in C7, C8??
Salah ad Din

Help please; where do these players belong above and in what order?

Define irony. A bunch of guys playing PR year after year. A game teaching initiative as the prime mover.
However, in regard to EA, these guys never took the initiative.
We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven,Tomorrow... http://gametactic.org/pr
Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 2016-10-09 at 19:34..
Old 2016-10-09, 18:42   #43
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

C7 Eddiereyes Was supreme commander
HCO
mitchverr

I can remember Psykogundam? being a squadleader, Killer01000was a squadleader
Marmorkaka was NCO in 23rd Mountain Brigade and levesley the Squadleader.

Redfab was a squadleader at some point but I cant remember. what campaign.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 19:44   #44
Michael_Denmark

Thanks Wicca,

Information deployed in Post 8.

Quote:
C7 NATO Eddiereyes Was supreme commander
Marmorkaka, yes I remember him, good guy, calm, friendly, down to earth type.

Note: I think I finally send the PM to the correct CasualTY...

Define irony. A bunch of guys playing PR year after year. A game teaching initiative as the prime mover.
We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven,Tomorrow... http://gametactic.org/pr
Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 2016-10-10 at 08:24..
Old 2016-10-10, 00:46   #45
[R-CON]​Yrkidding
PR:BF2 Contributor

Funk is my Battleplanning HCO for C12, Psyko is NCOing a squad for me. I'll throw them a link to this thread next time I see them.

Last edited by [R-CON]Yrkidding; 2016-10-10 at 03:28..
Old 2016-10-10, 07:06   #46
Michael_Denmark

Thank you Yrkidding, please do. We better start the tradition of getting those names down, so people from C12, in 10 years from now, always can click for those great memories, still awaiting them in the present campaign.

Also Thank You Saobh, for providing so many names from the first campaigns. I had no idea bye_buddie had commanded teams too, remember him only as an admin from C5 and on. Was he not one of the admins, reading books on game theory? Think we had some discussions back then, on that topic?

Wonder where Project Reality fit - in game theory? Is the Project Reality Tournament another type of game, than the public one, when coming from a game theory point of view?

Simultaneous / Sequential games?

Game Theory defined by Wikipidia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_t...ct_information

Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 2016-10-10 at 07:23.. Reason: correct spelling of name: bye_buddie
Old 2016-10-10, 07:57   #47
[R-CON]​Chuva_RD
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
Wonder where Project Reality fit - in game theory? Is the Project Reality Tournament another type of game, than the public one, when coming from a game theory point of view?
Game theory is far-fetched, you give PRT too much credit.
Chuva_RD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 08:13   #48
Michael_Denmark

Maybe I do Chuva, could be?

Why do you think of game theory as far-fetched?

Note: PM send to Viper5 (thanks to Saobh for the information) hopefully Viper5 has some data too, I remember his name, so perhaps he played in C5 also?

Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 20:33   #49
Wicca
Supporting Member

Oh. I was partly commander for Bravo team in NATO.

I think I remember motherdear was a Platoon Leader of the Rangers in NATO Alpha.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-11, 11:25   #50
Michael_Denmark

Aha, C7 had both CATA 1, CATA 2 and CATA 3.

Apparently, in C7, the CATA 1 commanders was banned. I presume that it would have been the CO and SCO, getting the ban?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4gi View Post
C7 actually had both CATA1 and CATA3. It changed about half way through after the CATA1 commanders got banned.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f11...ml#post2127900

I will now deploy CATA 3, where it belongs from start, namely in Campaign 7.

In addition to the above, we still have confusion deployed during campaign 8, where several people and in fact also the official tournament history, talk about a campaign 8.5, a mini-campaign of some sort, either being the rescue attempt from a halted campaign 8, or an extra addition to C8, because of what ever the reason, reasonable enough to prolong campaign 8?

Any information is as always welcome, so I will have to use that time less, trying to figure out what happened. Please understand, that although I may have followed certain battles in the tournament, the super structure it self, has not had my focus.

Now it finally have.

Strange days, I do not have access to the tournament news, on its own site, like here:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f11...p-process.html

Quote:
Ok, so finally the suspense is over and we can tell you what to expect from the mini tournament.

The idea is to open sign ups for upto 45 players per team to play in a 8 week fast tournament.

Fixtures will be given by ourselves on Mondays and the games will be played every weekend for 8 weeks on a Sunday evening at 1800PRT. It's a quick fun tourny that focuses more on skill and tactics than overall planning and intel.

We are to keep it small for now, say 1 team per side, but if the call for more is given then we will see whats what.

Points to be noted;
Quick 8 week tournament.
A game every weekend so 8 games in total.
Tourny is decided on wins not tickets.
Format will be standard maps with standard assets/tickets.
Fixtures will be decided by us for all 8 games.
Winners will get a cookie.
Profit???

Sign up's will open on Sunday 21st March @ 2000PRT and we expect slots will be filled very quickly so get yourself registered today to avoid disappointment.

PRTC8.5 is here, are you?

Regards,

PRT Admin team

[DISCLAIMER] This is no way linked to C9, nor are the teams.

More...
Quote:
Michael_Denmark, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: ...list of reasons follows
So, should anyone - not being a current tournament administrator - have information from the linked page, plus other data regarding the C8 Mini Campaign, then please share it in this thread.

Due to the workload, T-Admins do not have the time at the moment. We fully respect that, so we shall not disturb them with PMs, threads or posts, on this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
Oh. I was partly commander for Bravo team in NATO.

I think I remember motherdear was a Platoon Leader of the Rangers in NATO Alpha.
Copy Wicca and thank you for the information. Were you partly CO for Bravo team in NATO, as appointed CO by the administration, or was this an internal deal with you and the appointed NATO Bravo team CO/SCO?

In addition to that question, I just found a video, thanking you Coccalin and Vok, from Campaign 8.5, at 2:04

PRT - The view from the front - C8.5

Do you recall who was the CO during that short campaign?

Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 2016-10-12 at 11:54..

Tags
amount, commander, players, project, reality, tournament