project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
26 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2015-08-05, 08:39   #1
XAHTEP39

Default About Combat engineer and Rifleman AP of regular army

Combat engineer.
He has "push" AT mine, small "time delay" C4 and big "time delay" C4.
So why Combat Engineer has TWO different C4 with same "time delay" activation
In oldest versions Combat Eng had big "radio fuse" С4, good for ambush light vehicle.
Suggest to replace big "time delay" C4 by big "radio fuse" С4
Therefore Combat Eng will be more universal - "push", "time delay", "radio fuse" explosives and it is diversifies gameplay of Combat Eng!

Rifleman AP.
He has TWO "radio fuse" MOH-50/Claimore. It uses infrequently and require to control this mine.
I suggest replace one MOH-50/Claimore (or only for ALT weapon) by "push" AP-mine, such as russian PMN mine/american M14 mine
I think, that "push" AP-mines for Rifleman AP of regular forces (and for Taliban/Militia too) diversifies tactical process of defend positions
XAHTEP39 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 09:10   #2
Jacksonez__

Default Re: About Combat engineer and Rifleman AP of regular army

Problem is "booby trap" ap-mines are not so allowed, but since USA or Russia aren't part of any mine agreements, why not. before anyone says "ambushes aren't conventional army tactics", hmm? ottawa treaty (iirc) requires you to remotely detonate ap mines and shit, not making them work as self contained traps.

i would like to see those NVA bouncing mines for engineers or ap-mine kits.

Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 09:36   #3
XAHTEP39

Yes, Russia, USA, Israel and many countries aren't part of any mine agreements.

Yes, I mean AP-mine such as NVA bouncing-mines (M16-mine, M86-mine, OZM-mine), but bouncing AP-mine means "traps" (such as F1-trap); maybe "push" mines (PMN mine/M14 mine) are more approach for conventional army
XAHTEP39 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 09:28   #4
Hurricane
Supporting Member

The Claymore has a huge blast radius that can easily kill multiple enemies at once. I don't think there should be a tripwire version of that, not only because some of the factions ingame have in fact signed mine treaties, but because people would use it in a spammy manner.

What would really make the Rifleman AP class interesting to play would be that thermobaric RPG-7 warhead, altough I don't know how a thermobaric weapon is supposed to work in Refractor 2 and not be identical to Frag/HE.

Hurricane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 10:58   #5
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

We will not introduce AP mines to conventional forces. In this regard you can see our in game factions more advanced than their real life counterparts. I mean, we also punish for killing civilians As Hurricane already hinted at, we will change the rifleman AP in future. You will have to wait a bit tho, Rhino has to go crazy on other factions rocket launchers first
Command detonated C4 is solely used for ambushes in game, which is something that is not done regularly in real armies. There are also other exploits such as slapping the command detonated C4 onto jeeps and driving them into tanks. I am happy that we got rid of it.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 12:29   #6
Hurricane
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
As Hurricane already hinted at, we will change the rifleman AP in future. You will have to wait a bit tho, Rhino has to go crazy on other factions rocket launchers first
Bunkerfaust?

Hurricane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 21:16   #7
XAHTEP39

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
We will not introduce AP mines to conventional forces. In this regard you can see our in game factions more advanced than their real life counterparts. I mean, we also punish for killing civilians As Hurricane already hinted at, we will change the rifleman AP in future. You will have to wait a bit tho, Rhino has to go crazy on other factions rocket launchers first
Command detonated C4 is solely used for ambushes in game, which is something that is not done regularly in real armies. There are also other exploits such as slapping the command detonated C4 onto jeeps and driving them into tanks. I am happy that we got rid of it.
Thanks for answer!
Yes, really command detonated C4 onto jeeps is a crazy from "vanilla" BF2 (I remind it); although I didn`t see this crazy in PR.

Hmm, why ambush (including using radio command C4) is a unusual for conventional forces, in your opinion?
And whats about "Corps of engineers"/"Sappers"/"Special forces" in conventional forces? One of their objectives is to disrupt supply lines in the rear of front - it may appear in the PR conventional forces too.

P.S. Full 50-mens PR-team has maximum 2 kits of Combat engineers , IIRC. Only two command detonated C4 is broke balance? I scarcely think so.
Last edited by XAHTEP39; 2015-08-06 at 21:17.. Reason: thanks
Old 2015-08-21, 02:04   #8
Lord_Enderminion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
The Claymore has a huge blast radius that can easily kill multiple enemies at once. I don't think there should be a tripwire version of that, not only because some of the factions ingame have in fact signed mine treaties, but because people would use it in a spammy manner.

What would really make the Rifleman AP class interesting to play would be that thermobaric RPG-7 warhead, altough I don't know how a thermobaric weapon is supposed to work in Refractor 2 and not be identical to Frag/HE.
Thermobaric weapons are Fuel Air bombs, and if they fail to go bomb are chemical weapons
Lord_Enderminion is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 17:09   #9
Murphy

C4 Cars and Bikes were a bane in older versions. I am very grateful that horrible exploit is gone, despite having a lot of fun with it at times. INS guys would covet the CE kit and bring them back to main and make pseudo bomb vehicles all round long, driving bikes into Blufor main to have your buddy back at the crate in INS main blow the C4 destroying half the assets in base. I recall one time a CIA admin was making C4 bikes on YAMALIA to counter the T90s and BTRs, the asset I was in was blown up about a minute into the game and the admins "Trolololed" in all chat about it.

I used to enjoy setting up the odd ambush but it just doesn't pay off as much as it should with the revive mechanic in play (unless you catch them in a vehicle ofc )

I believe this to be a situation in which the negatives of such a weapon would far outweigh the positives.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 21:25   #10
Dread_UA

MOH-50, and Claymores needed. They helping in situations when u cant hold all directions, or you have 4 people in your squad. If mine planted with some knowledge they can eliminate some enemies and help your squad keep def. Also but if is still there was an opportunity to choose in which mode plant mine, its will be cool. MOH and M18 can be planted in control mode and non-control, like booby traps.

Also, engineers, sappers... IRL in my recon squad we always take 2-3 MOH-50 and 1 POM-2R per each guy in squad. When we work on ambushes we cover flanks with MOH-50, if enemy start pursuit we just drop POM-2R. That's mine places automatically. I think remote mines needed.
Dread_UA is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
army, combat, engineer, regular, rifleman