project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 May 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-14, 07:51   #1901
black-wolf
Default Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec89 View Post
Lol, a chinook? You've been playing way too much PR
It was a Chinook, lol.
Old 2010-07-14, 08:09   #1902
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:

Old 2010-07-14, 11:33   #1903
TomVasseur

I really think this is a bit over the top. Patriotism ok, but this is just a waste of money.
Old 2010-07-14, 12:12   #1904
MaxBooZe
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomVasseur View Post
I really think this is a bit over the top. Patriotism ok, but this is just a waste of money.
It's just what you would like to do? This or a huge ass parade over in Moscow or Beijing?

Old 2010-07-14, 12:53   #1905
masterceo

Quote:
Yeah, it was a Chinook.

here, a vid from presumably the Bell 412 which i saw: WK 2010 Zuid-Afrika - Het Nederlands elftal in een chinook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomVasseur
Jealous man is jealous.

Priby:Why cant i be norwegian?
H.sta:becouse we are a specially selected bunch of people created by god to show how awsome mankind can be
Old 2010-07-14, 12:57   #1906
MonkeySoldier

Quote:
Nothing 'over the top' about that. We honour our team for the performance they did, I am glad they got welcomed like this, rather than just landing at the airfield and then leave for home.

Old 2010-07-14, 13:28   #1907
Qaiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySoldier View Post
Nothing 'over the top' about that. We honour our team for the performance they did, I am glad they got welcomed like this, rather than just landing at the airfield and then leave for home.

What wrong with landing and going home? At the end of the day they're just playing a game, and they didn't win it.
They're not heroes, this kind of attention would be undeserved, even for the winners.

Old 2010-07-14, 13:53   #1908
TomVasseur

Quote:
Jealous man is jealous.
Gast ik ben Nederlands, ik vind het ook wel tof enzo, maar een inhuldiging door de marine is er gewoon over. Het team van van Oranje wordt in een Chinook gestopt en er wordt een F16 oranje geschilderd om uiteindelijk weer grijs geschilderd te worden, wat denk je wel niet dat dat kost.

Man, I'm Dutch, I think it's cool and such to honor the national team, but this is just over the top. Elaborate and too expensive.
Old 2010-07-14, 13:56   #1909
MaxBooZe
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Gast ik ben Nederlands, ik vind het ook wel tof enzo, maar een inhuldiging door de marine is er gewoon over. Het team van van Oranje wordt in een Chinook gestopt en er wordt een F16 oranje geschilderd om uiteindelijk weer grijs geschilderd te worden, wat denk je wel niet dat dat kost.

Man, I'm Dutch, I think it's cool and such to honor the national team, but this is just over the top. Elaborate and too expensive.
Wrong, The Dutch F16 that has the Orange lion on it is just like that, It's from the 1 man F16 Demo team.. It won't be painted back to Grey..

Old 2010-07-14, 14:09   #1910
masterceo

Quote:

sorrie then, BTW I don't speak a word in Dutch.

I think the team got what they deserved. They got very far in the cup after all, they were very disappointed that they didn't win, but I'm 100% sure this kind of welcoming was the best gift they could receive from their fans. It showed them that even tho they didn't win, they did something extraordinary and many, many people appreciate their effort. This might even motivate them more for the next World Cup.

Priby:Why cant i be norwegian?
H.sta:becouse we are a specially selected bunch of people created by god to show how awsome mankind can be
Closed Thread

Tags
2010, africa, africa kill suarez, brazil goes down!, bullshit referee, cup, damn you paul, dan thomas is a homo, fifa, germany fails, ghana failed, paul is god!, shipoopi, south, stupid squid!, suarez is a cheat, touchdown!, united states!, van bommel is a criminal, world