project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
29 May 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2020-12-25, 00:54   #21
UncleSmek

Default Re: Commander Improvements - Team buffs

Decrease the cooldown for Area attacks.

Decrease the damage done.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-25, 07:17   #22
Danielj15

Show commander kills

Danielj15 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-27, 05:20   #23
WingWalker

So basically everyone agrees, but has different opinions on how to make the Commander role more fun, and more relevant.

There just is not that much to do as a commander, and you can't tell anyone to do anything.

Basically, you need to give the Commander something to do when no one needs UAV or area attack, and some ability to build a stat, like kills, to occupy their "game play mind".

You need to give them a reason to STAY commander.

Its a role of convenience only.

Personally I think it should be reorganized as FAC, or Forward Air Controller. Have a specific kit, not just an officer kit. Maybe even be the only one who can do critical things like lay FOBs, and revert SL's to only being able to lay a rally.

All the you can lay FOB's ia getting a little arcade like anyway.

W.W.
v0.4
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-27, 09:19   #24
Iguanadjy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
So basically everyone agrees, but has different opinions on how to make the Commander role more fun, and more relevant.

There just is not that much to do as a commander, and you can't tell anyone to do anything.

Basically, you need to give the Commander something to do when no one needs UAV or area attack, and some ability to build a stat, like kills, to occupy their "game play mind".

Maybe splitting the kill count of area attack between the “caller” and the commander
I like the idea of calling back stranded vehicles with some sort of timer added maybe. Even if i totally agree that logi should not get stranded anywhere once empty. Many people destroy them so they respawn thus wasting tickets to improve logi respawns...

Supporting this game since 0.6 Never gonna give up!
Iguanadjy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-27, 11:59   #25
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Quote:
Maybe even be the only one who can do critical things like lay FOBs, and revert SL's to only being able to lay a rally.
It's already difficult to convince a lot of squad leaders to build FOBs without this leaving teams with 1 or no fobs resulting in a quick steam roll.

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-27, 12:32   #26
[R-DEV]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Developer
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
All markers placed by a commander disappear 10 minutes after he resigns.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-27, 16:49   #27
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Yeah, that gives the team a reason to have a commander active, but it doesn't really give much to the player in the commander seat. Personally, I'm not one that cares whether or not I will get stats as a commander, but it might encourage many players to try it. However, I still feel that the commander can have some more functions, perhaps the simplest one would be the ability to recall stranded logis, although this is also the kind of ability that doesn't really tempt anyone to STAY commander, just like with the area attack right now, hop in - hop out, which, as Frontliner said, is not really a bad thing

Old 2020-12-29, 23:42   #28
WingWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
All markers placed by a commander disappear 10 minutes after he resigns.
I'm not really sure anyone knows that? Or would really consider it even if they did.

Maybe just having it so with no commander there is a ticket bleed of some rate. I think that would encourage the team enough.

W.W.
v0.4
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-30, 01:09   #29
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

I don't think not having a commander should punish the team, but having a commander should reward it

Old 2020-12-30, 13:08   #30
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

What about adding bots and having the commander loosely control them. Gives the commander something to do while waiting around. Bots could help increase immersion but not sure how doable that is.
commander could also get smaller inaccurate area effects that refresh fairly quickly for example 60mm but make them wildly inaccurate and low damage.
rushn is offline Reply With Quote