project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
12 Aug 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-03-28, 19:33   #3361
Psyko

Default Re: Forgotten Hope 2 (BF2 Mod)

Why does the launcher want me to target the bf2 directory? I thought it was standalone now.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 19:43   #3362
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

It isn't. It's a mod, requiring BF2.

There is also a standalone installer, made by someone from the community, which comes with a stripped down version of BF2 combined with FH2. That BF2 install only contains the bare minimum to run FH2.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 19:50   #3363
Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
It isn't. It's a mod, requiring BF2.

There is also a standalone installer, made by someone from the community, which comes with a stripped down version of BF2 combined with FH2. That BF2 install only contains the bare minimum to run FH2.
ok.

i guess if i get the standalone repack bf2, the next time fh2 is updated in the launcher, it might require something that the regular bf2 has, but i wont have. I think i have my original bf2 box somewhere with the cd key in it.

..........somewhere.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 22:50   #3364
VTRaptor

PR:FH2 - wet dream of every PR:WW2 fanboi...
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 17:05   #3365
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer

Hello and welcome back to another Forgotten Hope 2 update.

Today we have a small update to show off a render of the Bren Mk2, which will be replacing the Mk1 in our Normandy theatre maps.

The Bren had served as the standard British light machinegun since 1937, and was well liked as a rugged and dependable weapon. However, it was comparatively expensive and time consuming to make, and in the aftermath of the evacuation at Dunkirk with the need for quick rearmament, some simplifications were made. Most noticeable of these was the replacement of the complicated dial sight with a simple folding leaf sight. Other changes were made to the bipod, stock, receiver and the muzzle to make them simpler and faster to machine.

The Mk2 replaced the Mk1 in production in 1941, though it never completely replaced it in service. Our Bren Mk2 was modified by Seth Soldier from our original Mk1 made by Omni and McGibs.

Ts4EVER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 05:57   #3366
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
i guess if i get the standalone repack bf2, the next time fh2 is updated in the launcher, it might require something that the regular bf2 has, but i wont have. I think i have my original bf2 box somewhere with the cd key in it.
All the objects and everything should be there, but levels for example aren't. And even if not all the objects existed, FH2 has much better ones so won't use something from BF2 out of the blue .

Old 2018-05-22, 18:01   #3367
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer

It has been just under two years now since a Road to... news update was last posted here, and we are pleased to be able to say that the wait is over. Forgotten Hope 2.53 will be going live on:

Friday 25th May 2018

We'd all like to extend a big thank you to all our fans who have continued to play over the last decade or more, and we hope to see you on the servers this Friday!

Additionally, we would like to thank our team of betatesters for their dedication to improving our work, as well as our developers for the time and effort they put in to make things happen. Last but not least, none of this would be possible without the web hosting generously provided by Fluestertuete.

Lets kick things off by showing off the trailer for version 2.53 made by Hawk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Qm3V3wYg0

Old 2018-05-22, 19:04   #3368
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer

And round 2:

Today we are showing off the fourth and final map to make it into version 2.53 update. You may have just seen it in the trailer posted earlier today, but for those of you who haven't yet, today's map is Ihantala. It covers the assaults by the Red Army against the Finnish defences in and around the village of Ihantala at the end of June 1944. Ihantala was made by Flippy Warbear and hitm4k3r.

June 1944, Karelian Isthmus. On the 28th, as the gruelling battle of Tali rages on, Finnish reinforcements from East Karelia arrive at the village of Ihantala and are immediately thrown into the combat. After fending off the Red Army in southern Ihantala, Major General Vihma’s 6th Division begin preparing their defenses.

The bitter fighting at Tali had become a lost cause. Therefore on the 30th, under the orders of Lt.General Oesch, the Finns reorganise into a new defensive line. The Red Army attacks Ihantala on the same day. With support from their powerful artillery, along with the German Luftwaffe detachment Kuhlmey and the 303rd Sturmgeschutz Brigade, the Finns brace themselves for the relentless Red Army assaults...

Old 2018-05-22, 19:32   #3369
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Great update! Love the looks .

Old 2018-05-22, 21:43   #3370
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Awesome work fellas! Going to try and get some time back in fh2 once the patch ships!

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
14th, america, battle, bf2, dec, enters, fh2, forgoten, forgotten, hope, hope2, mod, poxo is ghey, release, released, v22