project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
10 Aug 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2022-03-06, 09:44   #1
mries
Supporting Member
Default RPG-26 sights

Something which I never understood whenever taking the std lat kit as mec/rus/mil. The sights of the RPG-26 are strangely calibrated, being the 100m the top sight, 50m the middle, 150m below the 50m and then the 200m

Should the 50m not be the top one?

Intented or no?

Ps. Is that maybe the reason this rpg is shite..????

More_eees

mries is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-06, 09:58   #2
Kato Megumi

Default Re: RPG-26 sights

first, that's how they do that in real armies

second, the reason RPG-26 is shit because it's damage is shit and it only have 1 ammo
Kato Megumi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-06, 10:35   #3
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato Megumi View Post

second, the reason RPG-26 is shit because it's damage is shit and it only have 1 ammo
The RPG-26 deals more damage than AT-4. It is one of the strongest LAT in game

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-06, 11:19   #4
Kato Megumi

why does most people prefer the ALT LAT KIT tho? i mean, sometimes i 1 shot a light apc or something like that, but an AT-4 can do too
Kato Megumi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-06, 11:21   #5
Coalz101

Quote:

LOL, we get 1 tapped by RPG 26s all the time its OP if the user knows how to range and aim correctly But people don't take it because, they either want a second AT shot or they want iron sights.

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-06, 12:47   #6
mries
Supporting Member

Never knew about both the sights and the damage.
You always learn.. thanks.

Apologies for the false bugreport

mries is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-06, 14:32   #7
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mries View Post
Something which I never understood whenever taking the std lat kit as mec/rus/mil. The sights of the RPG-26 are strangely calibrated, being the 100m the top sight, 50m the middle, 150m below the 50m and then the 200m
I believe we gave preference to 100m sight since its open and easier to use than other three.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 09:38   #8
clueless_noob

Quote:
why does most people prefer the ALT LAT KIT tho? i mean, sometimes i 1 shot a light apc or something like that, but an AT-4 can do too
Many ALT LATs gives you two shots of a somewhat weaker warhead, but which is still powerful enough to knock out enemy light vehicles. On maps where there is lots of light vehicles, I see no point on carrying just one shot when I can have two shots that both can do everything I need to do.
clueless_noob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 11:24   #9
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

RPG-26 one shots LAV25 with a rear hit, if you get used to the sights it's a great LAT.

As Russia I prefer 2x PG-7VS but RPG-26 is almost always the better choice for Mec and Militia, since their PG-7V warheads have terrible damage .

HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-20, 19:45   #10
sprint113

There's a couple reasons for why people prefer the RPG-7 over the RPG-26.

First, each AT kit needs some practice, and with the RPG-7 being on more kits/factions, people are generally more familiar with it.

I think the RPG-7 projectile is faster, with less drop, meaning it is easier to hit a moving target. It's why the AT-4 is so easy to use and why we don't see the same thing with US forces preferring the LAW. The RPG-7 iron sight generally blocks less of the screen vs the RPG-26 making it easier to track and lead moving vehicles as well.

Having 2 rounds can make you more flexible. If you are expecting light vehicles like logi trucks or jeeps, you don't need the firepower of the RPG-26. With heavy vehicles like APCs, you won't kill them with 1 RPG-7, but might disable their gun/track them, or at least force them to disengage and RTB. Also, you can miss and still have a shot, with knowledge of how you missed to correct your second shot.

Prior to the recent ammo rework, kits with two RPG-7s vs 1 RPG-26 meant that a RPG-7 consumed half the ammo of the RPG-26. If you had fired your RPG-26 and then thrown a grenade, or used a patch, you wouldn't be able to get anything off a single ammo bag, while you could probably get a patch and an RPG-7 off an ammo bag.
sprint113 is offline Reply With Quote