project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
18 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2015-01-09, 06:27   #301
KaB
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Ask the (WW2-DEVS) a question ?

Yea Im not sure it'll be as fun as it sounds. Plus if you want this feature to really work you'll need to hide the chat, and this may cause few problems.
KaB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 08:13   #302
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

The SL is the radio man basically .

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 12:07   #303
gchapman2810

I remember a while ago you said that you weren't planning on adding any more factions but i can't remember when that was, so have you changed your mind? British would be cool, you'd already have the Lee-Enfield and Bren models, and maybe more I don't really know. Also what about an eastern front? You'd have things like the PPSh already and if you had the resources to add a completely new faction complete with tanks then things like kursk and el alemain would be cool, but i do get that that's a hell of a lot of work
gchapman2810 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 21:17   #304
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

We are only focusing in the US Army & Wehrmacht at the moment because we feel that it's imperative to finish them before even considering the thought of developing another. And it's likely not to ever happen.

The british army is not possible because we don't have player soldier models or kit geoms that fit appropriately. The exception might be the british paratroopers but even then is a bit of a stretch. We do have the most basic assets but there's certainly more than those to make it somewhat decent and believable. Not to mention the lack of unique vehicles for anything larger than a 1km level.

The russians is a different story. It would be possible to build that faction since we have unique player models and a ton of assets from BGF mod. Maybe even more so than the germans. But there are things to consider, like PR-tifying everything code wise up to PR and even reskins. The major obstacle are animations though. We only have one animator at the moment and we can never be sure that his availability will remain the same as of now.

Having this in mind, there are also maps that take a chunk of time to be done. It's just...hard. We'll see what the future holds but I wouldn't count on it for now.

Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 08:13   #305
cribbaaa

Edit: Nvm, the question has been asked but not answered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Romagnolo= View Post
QUestion

PR Vietnam is integrated to the normal PR. Is WWII PR going to be integrated as well?

I'd like to see that happening.
Last edited by cribbaaa; 2015-01-16 at 08:18..
Old 2015-01-16, 12:16   #306
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder

I believe it was answered more than once (possibly in another thread). But yes, we do aim to be integrated to core PR and are doing our best for that to happen. That's a decision that is not ours to make though.

Old 2015-01-17, 14:16   #307
Dragunova

Should it not be integrated into PR, will there be an iteration of PRSpy for WWII, or even for the alpha (assuming it'll be long-term)? Now that the initial fever's died down a bit it'd be nice not to have to boot the game up to check servers.

Well done on the alpha btw; the only flaws I've observed have been the players themselves, so far.
Dragunova is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 01:20   #308
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragunova View Post
Should it not be integrated into PR, will there be an iteration of PRSpy for WWII, or even for the alpha (assuming it'll be long-term)? Now that the initial fever's died down a bit it'd be nice not to have to boot the game up to check servers.

Well done on the alpha btw; the only flaws I've observed have been the players themselves, so far.
Too early to tell. And thank you.

Old 2015-01-19, 02:41   #309
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragunova View Post
unfortunately players are hard coded so nothing we can do about that

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2015-01-19 at 03:21..
Old 2015-01-20, 03:58   #310
MikeDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidL.Roth View Post
Does a bear shit in the woods?

Of course there will be cencorship.

But, fear not! every other sadistic symbol will be allowed though.
Like communist star with hammer and sickle, even though communists killed 30 million of their own in purifications and with starvation.

Hitler was a little schoolboy compared to Stalin.

But hey, hush hush.
You couldn't be more American.

[3dAC] MikeDude
Loving PR since 0.2.
MikeDude is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
#adopt anthony, groho is god, ndevs, poxo is ghey, question, ww2devs