project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
13 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2014-04-22, 13:54   #991
Gosu-Rizzle

Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series) [SPOILERS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterMed View Post
boring has nothing to do with action or the lack of it for me at least. Didnt know only fanboys are allowed to post.

A good story needs slow parts, but not useless parts. Seeing that GoT has so many characters in so many different parts of the continent and story phases it doesnt make much sense to show all equally or give "boring" parts too much screen time which doesnt do anything storywise or very little character wise.
For example the whole Samwell and baby story. We get it. Samwell loves the wildling and is very clumsy and shy. That doesnt really require so much screen time, when other characters arent developped at all or show no development at all.
Again: This has nothing to do with action.
As a book reader i can tell you (without spoilers) that most of those boring and seemingly unnecessary story archs actually do lead somewhere. Take the necklace being given to Sansa in ep 1 of this seaon. Up untill ep 3 that part seemed to be unimportant and easily skippable, but it turned out to be quite central to the action. You really have to see the whole season (in some cases the whole show) to understand why different things are happening.
So imo you cant critizise things for being useless until after the WHOLE show is over
The fact that alot of things are built up that dont pay off until much later down the line, is part of why i like GoT. It makes it all the more rewarding when you realise that you COULD have figured out what might happen if you had payed attantion to the subtle hints.

I can see what youre saying though, and i do agree that there are some areas that are more/less interesting to follow, in both show books.
Gosu-Rizzle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 18:24   #992
Dizakui

Personally think Dany should have elected Drogon as her champion,
Not like it would have made the fight any quicker, but the rules didn't state it had to be human.
Dizakui is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 18:42   #993
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizakui View Post
Personally think Dany should have elected Drogon as her champion,
Not like it would have made the fight any quicker, but the rules didn't state it had to be human.
Was sort of hoping for that as well

But then again there is no telling what it would have done after that. And the dragons wern't even there, so that sort of makes me wonder where they put them

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero
mockingbird0901 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 19:25   #994
Murphy

There was also a hint that Dany is losing complete and utter control over her Dragons, so if she lets them loose who is to say she can stop them? What happens if a Wog gets a hold of a Dragons mind, that has kind of been tossed around in my head since the whole Wog thing was brought up.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 19:31   #995
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

^Yeah was thinking that from Bran's vision. I would't say it was a boring episode at all when you look back at it, on the face of it, yes maybe a little after last weeks but it had a lot of important scenes.

I wish they would have something like a 20 min show each week of just sort of back-scenes, conversations to fill in the world etc as its just SO much to try and pack into each episode.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 20:59   #996
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Xander[nl]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
There was also a hint that Dany is losing complete and utter control over her Dragons, so if she lets them loose who is to say she can stop them? What happens if a Wog gets a hold of a Dragons mind, that has kind of been tossed around in my head since the whole Wog thing was brought up.
Shit you're on to something, didn't Brann have a vision in episode 2 or something, flying over the Red Keep as a dragon?
Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 22:38   #997
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 03:06   #998
carmikaze
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander[nl] View Post
Shit you're on to something, didn't Brann have a vision in episode 2 or something, flying over the Red Keep as a dragon?
Bran is going nuts (when he finds out his brother and mother was killed), takes control of a dragon, destroys king's landing, the iron throne, everything, the end.

I think
carmikaze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 02:08   #999
H.Maverick
I wanna be a DEV!
Supporting Member
Send a message via MSN to H.Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoLocke View Post

I laughed so much lol

Its SO evil, it may actually encourage EA to support Modding again - Pantera
H.Maverick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 10:24   #1000
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
>, game, hold the door, ogre says nerds, poxo is ghey, series, spoilers, they all die, thrones