project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
13 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2012-06-12, 10:55   #141
godfather_596

Default re: Official PR Manual - A call for translators

the arabic in game is wayyyyyyyy toooo formal especially considering the insurgent teams. few people are capable of speaking this kind arabic this fluently (i.e arabic teachers and professors btw i speak arabic and have heard practically all the different dialects so i know) oh and btw i can help with translation but dnt know how
Last edited by godfather_596; 2012-06-13 at 09:52..
Old 2012-06-20, 19:42   #142
CoLdFiRe88

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather_596 View Post
the arabic in game is wayyyyyyyy toooo formal especially considering the insurgent teams. few people are capable of speaking this kind arabic this fluently (i.e arabic teachers and professors btw i speak arabic and have heard practically all the different dialects so i know) oh and btw i can help with translation but dnt know how
Not everybody lives in lebanon, where you speak 1 arabic word and 2 french words

any one who took arabic in school can read formal arabic, also since you know the dialects are different why do you want it translated to one dialect?
CoLdFiRe88 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 09:44   #143
Red Feniks

Good news! I've finally gotten myself into the translation again and I think I'll finish it by October!

Red Feniks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 01:32   #144
godfather_596

Only the frenchies (as we refer to them) speak french mixed with arabic i speak formal and casual arabic very fluently (lebanese dialect which i repeat in its bare form is absolutely not mixed with foreign languages) i can also speak syrian dialect but not egyptian (although most people speak it better than syrian so again no shortage here). If there is anyway i can help please ask
godfather_596 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 00:13   #145
Arab
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Delete this post.

Check out my music @ RaffiGee, available in Google Music, iTunes Music, Spotify, Amazon Music and more - via DistroKid:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyr...GYTM-WO5EmKp9A
Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 08:14   #146
karimghazal

I'm ready to work on the Arabic version of the game. Anytime you guys want me, just send me a message.
karimghazal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 18:44   #147
Linx_esp

I know that this thread has been dead these last months, but I wanted to ask if Spearhead is still active as the Translations Manager (sorry, I don't remember the exactly task name ), as he appears as a "Retired PR Developer", or if there is a new person in the charge. I also want to ask if we (the PR manual translators) have to make any revision or change concerning to the new PR version.

Thanks, Linx_esp.
Linx_esp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 13:09   #148
[R-DEV]​BloodyDeed
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Not at the moment.
You will be approached if there is any need of translations.

Thanks for your support though, it's much appreciated.

BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 14:35   #149
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Spearhead Send a message via MSN to Spearhead

I am retired for about 1 year. I still have the original documents for anyone in the team who wants to continue my work. I also tend to help out people wanting to do translations here and there but I am not really active in this regard (hence retired)

As you can see I still keep tabs on a few threads

Spearhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 01:30   #150
Rakskum

I'm ready to help you guys out with the translation: however my request does not regard the manual.
Last edited by Rakskum; 2013-01-15 at 14:13..

Tags
call, manual, official, translation, translators