project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
10 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2009-01-08, 04:30   #11
Teek
Supporting Member

Default Re: Aimpoint for marines?

even in the OP pictures not everyone is using a aimpoint.

Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 05:58   #12
RedAlertSF

Then it's just a older picture. Those guys are in the Army.

Anyway, marines should have aimpoint. They are using it just as Army is.
RedAlertSF is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 06:11   #13
Solid Knight

The Marines can and do use optical sights. And photos out of context won't really prove anything. You'll also be hard pressed to find a document describing the typical customizations done to each Marine's weapon. So really, the argument should be about whether or not PR is going to implement them and not so much about whether or not every Marine has one.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 06:24   #14
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Knight View Post
The Marines can and do use optical sights. And photos out of context won't really prove anything. You'll also be hard pressed to find a document describing the typical customizations done to each Marine's weapon. So really, the argument should be about whether or not PR is going to implement them and not so much about whether or not every Marine has one.
yeah thats basically what i was going for, i was thinking since this mod is based on realism, is it realistic to have ironsight m16s or is that rare now in the modern day marine corps? and should they be replaced by m68s in pr? only if its realistic.

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 06:26   #15
Solid Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
yeah thats basically what i was going for, i was thinking since this mod is based on realism, is it realistic to have ironsight m16s or is that rare now in the modern day marine corps? and should they be replaced by m68s in pr? only if its realistic.
Since they do carry them, even if it was only 20% of Marines, it wouldn't be unrealistic to have them in game.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 07:09   #16
single.shot (nor)

PR is realistic, and since the standard issue is irons, i say go for the irons!

War is a huge matter for a nation. it's the field of life and death, destruction and survival, and such matters cannot be left unstudied. - Sun Tzu
single.shot (nor) is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 07:11   #17
CAS_117

Seems to be a waste to have an M-16A4 with nothing on it. Kindof the whole point.
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 08:44   #18
Zi8

I personally prefer aimpoint to scope&irons and adding that to rifleman would be great and not unrealistic. Or maybe more customized kit-selection with scopes, aimpoint & irons.

Zi8 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 12:23   #19
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

The Marines already have a full rifle as opposed to the Army's carbine, as I understood it the addition of the Aimpoint to the supporting classes was to balance out the comparitive lack of power and accuracy compared with the other factions rifles.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 13:09   #20
Charity Case
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Bob_Marley View Post
The Marines already have a full rifle as opposed to the Army's carbine, as I understood it the addition of the Aimpoint to the supporting classes was to balance out the comparitive lack of power and accuracy compared with the other factions rifles.
In PR, the deviation and damage of the M4 is exactly the same as the M16A4.
Charity Case is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aimpoint, marines