project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
13 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2017-11-15, 08:40   #11
Heavy Death

Default Re: New Player

Check my signature. Join Foxtrot, cool bunch of guys. We also run One-Life events which are maximum realism as far as PR goes.

Yours truly, PRTA. prta.co

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 09:38   #12
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevski View Post
Just because you go whine on a reddit thread instead of making a proper post on HOG forum about ONE rule you have an issue with....

Also Colin, mention that you are somewhat new, it helps the Squad lead to understand that you just dont know how, instead of just being a twat, who just isnt interested in teamwork. Just grap a rifleman kit, and listen and learn.
Their rules aren't the issue.

One example against HOG is that they refuse to !stopserver when its late night US before the admins leave and instead of letting European servers/admins take over it stays seeded without admins because people don't know any better.

It happens every single weekday. Every one of them. Sometimes I'm glad servers aren't stable so at least when it crashes after 5 rounds with no admins people join something else.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 14:56   #13
Jevski

Nice hijack, Shenron had an issue that we dont require mics for everyone, and chose to inform a new player where not to play on based on that alone. And you now turn this around to use this thread to express your own issues with the server, in a thread where a new player asks for advice....real nice

Im sure you know there is a feedback thread for such things

"Cheapest thing to do is fill up your bathtub and look at the flat water you moron - Hollywood on the earth being flat"
Last edited by Jevski; 2017-11-16 at 21:46..
Old 2017-11-15, 16:34   #14
agus92

In order to re-rail this...

Colinzor, I suggest you start with a rifleman kit, and after you're familiar with shooting and uniform recognition, start taking the medic kit. It's the best way to propel you into the infantry teamwork potential of the game. When playing medic, remember: smoke is your best friend. Also, never rush despite peers pressure, but when you decide to act, do it fast.
agus92 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 18:12   #15
colinzor112

Sounds good thanks for the advice and im really interested in doing something with piloting sounds right up my alley, dropping troops into battle, whats best? practice on co op flying?
colinzor112 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 18:53   #16
colinzor112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
Check my signature. Join Foxtrot, cool bunch of guys. We also run One-Life events which are maximum realism as far as PR goes.

Yours truly, PRTA. PRTA - Project Reality Teamwork Alliance
i had a look at the website i cant really figure out where to sign up or what its all about haha
colinzor112 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 19:00   #17
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

You first need to know how the flying controls work and how helicopters behave. Not too great a chopper pilot myself, so I can't really comment on the how-to.

But yes, everything that isn't infantry or driving unimportant vehicles should not be practised "live" on a PvP server. Try offline using Test Airfield and when you can finally take off and land without any issues, try some of the more popular maps like Muttrah, Saaremaa or Burning Sands in Co-Op or offline Single Player. These will appear quite often in the map rotation and some familiarisation aids greatly to you being able to drop troops quickly and confidently. Keep in mind though that some maps are AA fests in PvP, don't be discouraged if you get shot down and try to take it as a lesson: "Why did I get shot down in the first place? Was the SL's request too bold? Was my approach wrong? Was I too slow?"

Before doing choppers though, try to do infantry first and almost exclusively for a month. Seeing how other pilots behave, when they deny requests and why, what happens if you get too close to hostile troops, etc., this is important knowledge you should probably experience as a grunt first.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 20:36   #18
shook1z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenron View Post
Well that's just not true - there are plenty of EU servers.
was speaking from an American perspective. When we're gaming the EU servers are usually empty.
shook1z is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-16, 00:46   #19
Rabbit

I think its funny how everything ends up back to how people dont like hog, yet its populated af.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
player