project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
13 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2013-08-16, 20:19   #41
Careless

Careless's Avatar
Default Re: Medic kit rework

I was thinking about the medic bag having "ammo"..
Has this already been suggested?
Medics don't have an infinite amount of band-aid..
Careless is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 00:26   #42
nAyo
Banned
Default Re: Medic kit rework

Quote:
- The medic won't get overwhelmed by a dozen bodies (screaming for a medic...) anymore (..or much less). Usually, members of other squads yell at you (and ask you to get them up), and now the possibility is higher that their squadmates get their buddies up - you don't get cluttered by revive-requests.
You don't get "OVERWHELMED" as a medic, and it's his job to do that. Give a radio to all kits as well, so the squadleader doesn't get overwhelmed either? That argument is not relevant.
nAyo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 01:20   #43
Archosaurus

Archosaurus's Avatar
Default Re: Medic kit rework

The medic's workload is fine, you guys need to learn to work under mild stress.

The medic's capabilities of getting a whole squad up in a minute or so is problematic.
Archosaurus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 06:33   #44
Nybble

Nybble's Avatar
Default Re: Medic kit rework

Suggestion sounds solid.

The current medic system is far too 'gamey', with the general revive / heal turnover be far too high.

Firefights felt much more realistic and lethal in previous versions of PR with the single medic, having two is just silly.
Nybble is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 08:38   #45
MADsqirrel
Supporting Member

MADsqirrel's Avatar
Default Re: Medic kit rework

Quote:
Originally Posted by nAyo View Post
Removing all the fun from the medic kit is pure non-sense. According to what you say, we might as well give a LAT to all kits because everyone is in theory able to fire it, or a pistol because everyone is in theory able to fire one, or bla bla bla bla
You are not removing the fun, you just make it possible for everyone to get people up again.

And Everyone having a morphin or whaterver is also realistic.
Here in AFG every single soldier has morphin, bandages and stuff (BTW everyone has a pistol here too)

ATM the only change in this suggestion is that every soldier is having morphin, but that alone isnt helping much without a medic nearby.

The standart procedure if someone gets shot IRL, is someone gets to the wounded, while the others cover, he drags the wounded in the closest cover, does first aid with field dressings, morphine and so on, he waits for the medic and stays with the wounded.
Of course after the medic showed up he would only stabilize the victim and then request medevac but thats too much for a game.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic56970_7.gif
MADsqirrel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 10:15   #46
LuckyOne

LuckyOne's Avatar
Default Re: Medic kit rework

Would it be somehow possible to give revived people unarmed/pistol only kits, to simulate lessened combat effectiveness (or have them auto drop their kits on revive?). And then make it so they can only request their kits back at a friendly rally/crate/fob when fully healed, that way a squad that has taken casualties getting revived by a medic would need to fall back and rearm instead of stab the people that just dealt with them in the back.

Would probably be very hard to code though.
LuckyOne is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 15:18   #47
nAyo
Banned
Default Re: Medic kit rework

The only thing it will do, is make people revive everyone without paying attention if there is a medic nearby actually able to heal them.

I don't want to be revived by some random noob who just wants more points, and then bleed to death and be dead-dead because I can't find a medic around. I can't even understand that that many people are in favor of it.
nAyo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 15:28   #48
Lugi
Default Re: Medic kit rework

Quote:
Originally Posted by nAyo View Post
I don't want to be revived by some random noob who just wants more points, and then bleed to death and be dead-dead because I can't find a medic around. I can't even understand that that many people are in favor of it.
I didn't actually state that in first post (gonna edit it right now), but I think that wounded state timer should be tweaked as well, from 5 minutes, like it is now, to 2-3 mins. And the values of hp after "revive" and usage of personal bandage should give the player you about 5 minutes to get medical attention, before bleeding out.
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 17:19   #49
carmikaze
Supporting Member

carmikaze's Avatar
Default Re: Medic kit rework

Quote:
Originally Posted by nAyo View Post
You don't get "OVERWHELMED" as a medic
Yes you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nAyo View Post
Give a radio to all kits as well, so the squadleader doesn't get overwhelmed either? That argument is not relevant.
Indeed your argument isn't relevant. You can't compare the workload of a squadleader with that of a medic.
carmikaze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 17:32   #50
Lugi
Default Re: Medic kit rework

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
Would it be somehow possible to give revived people unarmed/pistol only kits, to simulate lessened combat effectiveness (or have them auto drop their kits on revive?). And then make it so they can only request their kits back at a friendly rally/crate/fob when fully healed, that way a squad that has taken casualties getting revived by a medic would need to fall back and rearm instead of stab the people that just dealt with them in the back.
At first, I wanted to include something like this in the suggestion, but as for now, I think suppresion-like screen would be limiting your ability to fight pretty good.
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
kit, medic, rework
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 20:30.