project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
08 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2013-08-07, 01:29   #1
Psyko

Default Set map targets in armour

The idea is simple

The ability to set map targets while crewing in a tank. for example, your a driver, you see an enemy tank, you hold Q, select a distance, and then select the type of target, and it appears on the map.

that is all.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 05:21   #2
labonte95
Supporting Member

Default Re: Set map targets in armour

Good idea. +1

Thanks to WarEagle751 for the Signature pic!
Visit =BW= at http://www.blackwaterhq.com/
My Rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2wDHk
labonte95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 07:06   #3
Raic

Already suggested and I think someone from the Devs took interest in it. Wait and see.
Raic is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 21:13   #4
Hurricane
Supporting Member

That's a neat idea, but I'd limit that to the squad leader on the driver seat/commander periscope.
Hurricane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 01:02   #5
Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
That's a neat idea, but I'd limit that to the squad leader on the driver seat/commander periscope.
that's probably the only way it could be done in a balanced way. but it would be nice if all crewmen had the radio ability so that all Armour was able and not just one dude from a squad of 8. And of course, the squad leader is the only one who can set 3d markers, so not all crewmen could set them accurately. SO at very least it would be nice if the squad leader crewman could set it accurately.

one of the most annoying things about PR is that people are way to lazy to post targets sometimes, and seeing as armour is often on the front lines it might inspire more logistical information. Often when squads engage infantry or see armour their squad mates usually give away their position, armour on the other hand usually tries to be more careful so they might spot more often than infantry.

I dont think crewmen should have a radio outside of their vehicles, and im not sure if thats possible.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 19:33   #6
Vicious302
Banned

Lazes for armor too!
Vicious302 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 22:03   #7
Mora

3D markers for armor/attk chopper?

Mora is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 05:00   #8
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Seems the CO is more present nowadays, if so he can mark really easily with new quick markers.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 09:00   #9
Prevtzer
Banned

I really don't see the point of this. You're driving in a 62t vehicle capable of annihilating any other ground target at the edge of the view distance. If you can mark something, why not just destroy it? IRL tanks can mark targets so other tanks see what they are engaging. In PR SL puts an Attack marker, so it's pretty much the same.

And about lazing- unrealistic and unnecessary.

Recon vehicles (Panther, BRDM, VN3 and such) should have some of this spotting options available, but not tanks.
Prevtzer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 12:42   #10
Hurricane
Supporting Member

There was another thing that came to my mind recently. A lot of drivers switch to the commanders hatch/.50 cal slot to kill the engine, and a lot of them leave the vehicle entirely so they can use their binocs.

Would it be possible to get the binoculars as a secondary "weapon" on the hatch seat? Like, you're sitting on the .50 and press 2 and just pull out binoculars?
Hurricane is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
armour, map, set, targets