project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
06 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2012-10-04, 19:23   #21
ExeTick
Supporting Member

Default Re: Turn engine off on vehicles

Quote:
(Would be a fucking great feature if the tank has a endurance bar like infantry what is the batterie status. To recharge it you need to turn engine on)
I like this idea
ExeTick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 14:22   #22
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
Turning off an engine irl isn't realistic .
Ah you think hu... Engine shut down and start up is way much more realistic than you think, especialy in armored forest warfare. (Cause obviously there is no point shuttin the engine in the flat desert...)

Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 21:51   #23
Navo

Tanks can't turn off their engine in combat because the engine powers the electrical systems, unless the tank has an APU.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 02:33   #24
Zoddom

I want to see some engine turning off/on system ingame. we NEED it. it just sucks so hard that NO SINGLE tank has a machine gunner, because the crew needs the third slot to cut the engines. it sucks so much now.

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 19:48   #25
ExeTick
Supporting Member

I want it aswell.

but the question is if BF2 engine supports that.

ExeTick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 14:59   #26
Hotrod525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo View Post
Tanks can't turn off their engine in combat because the engine powers the electrical systems, unless the tank has an APU.
This is not true at all. Tank can shut they're engine down, the real issue is the hydrolic pump ( like on the M1A2 or the L1C2 ) that run the turret is alot slower on its own that it is with the help of the engine. Electric drive turret do not have that issue. Like the L2A6M-C turret run as long as there battery left.

Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 16:52   #27
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeTick View Post
I want it aswell.

but the question is if BF2 engine supports that.
this mate, is not the question.

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 04:48   #28
MikeJT

Can modern tanks actually turn off the engine and still move the turret?

I know the main engine was what actually drove the turret in older tanks.

Even if the turrets on modern tanks are electric, they would still need a motor to generate electricity for the turrent to keep turning, as they could only run on battery for so long.

But realism aside, it would be nice to be able to use thermals from the drivers position without screaming "HEY I'M IN A TANK! I'M OVER HERE!"

I've always thought it'd be nice if the 'driver' and 'commander' positions were separate in the tanks. The driver position would be as it is now, but without the thermal scope - only the forward facing view. The 'commander' position would be as the current view 2 for drivers is.

As for the auxilliary gunner (the .50 cal), that could either be commander controlled (like the CROWS hummer), or you could add a 4th seat to the tanks (where realistic).
MikeJT is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 13:23   #29
Jolly

If you can turn off MTB or Any Vehicles else, This will make MTB too strong, for which I suggest add start time of Engine if DEVs really add this function.

Jolly, you such a retard.
Jolly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 18:19   #30
Hotrod525

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJT View Post
Can modern tanks actually turn off the engine and still move the turret?
Yes.
Quote:
Even if the turrets on modern tanks are electric, they would still need a motor to generate electricity for the turrent to keep turning, as they could only run on battery for so long.
This is why tankers generaly use Hunter killer sight for OP. And dont forget there is something around 12 battery in a tank.

Quote:
But realism aside, it would be nice to be able to use thermals from the drivers position without screaming "HEY I'M IN A TANK! I'M OVER HERE!"
Technicly, its the Hunter Killer sight.

Quote:
I've always thought it'd be nice if the 'driver' and 'commander' positions were separate in the tanks. The driver position would be as it is now, but without the thermal scope - only the forward facing view. The 'commander' position would be as the current view 2 for drivers is.
No what would actualy be nice its a On / Off feature.

Quote:
As for the auxilliary gunner (the .50 cal), that could either be commander controlled (like the CROWS hummer), or you could add a 4th seat to the tanks (where realistic).
Player wise PR Dev team limit the among of player needed And i dont think CROWS on tank will make it ingame due to balance issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
If you can turn off MTB or Any Vehicles else, This will make MTB too strong, for which I suggest add start time of Engine if DEVs really add this function.
Well, i generaly leave the "driver" seat and go on CC .50 cal, and i'm far from being the only one to do that, so it dosent change anything actualy, except that now the CC will be armor protected instead of being expose outside.

Last edited by Hotrod525; 2012-10-09 at 18:33..

Tags
engine, turn, vehicles