project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
13 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2019-10-15, 00:47   #21
Tony_AbbottPBUH
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

TOW 2 should one shot a T-72S from any aspect and you're complaining it took your gun out and did no other significant damage?
Tony_AbbottPBUH is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-15, 01:10   #22
PBAsydney

PBAsydney's Avatar
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_AbbottPBUH View Post
TOW 2 should one shot a T-72S from any aspect and you're complaining it took your gun out and did no other significant damage?
We have already experienced this. Pre 1.4 tank meta was garbage. Balanced gameplay elements sometimes are more important than realism.

Current meta is tank that fires first wins the fight, unless other tank hits weakspot. Or rn jesus takes the wheel.
Pre 1.4 meta was tank that is equipped with ATGM wins the fight.




HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline
Last edited by PBAsydney; 2019-10-15 at 01:15..
Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-15, 12:55   #23
transpilot
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

A smart guy already suggested this:

Build TOW: 1 shot side or rear and tracks gun on front hit.

Vehicle ATGM: no changes needed

AP: 1 shot back, 2 shot side (maybe tracked after first hit), 3 shot front (never tracked)


Its maybe not "realistic" but its the only proper way to fix the current issues
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-15, 13:07   #24
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

We have no way to tell what hit the tank, only the amount of damage it took.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-16, 10:00   #25
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Fastjack's Avatar
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
We have no way to tell what hit the tank, only the amount of damage it took.
Is there a way to check what kind of damaging material hit the front armor material?
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 10:11   #26
Menuen
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAsydney View Post
We have already experienced this. Pre 1.4 tank meta was garbage. Balanced gameplay elements sometimes are more important than realism.

Current meta is tank that fires first wins the fight, unless other tank hits weakspot. Or rn jesus takes the wheel.
Pre 1.4 meta was tank that is equipped with ATGM wins the fight.
Is there a way to make static ATGMs kill stuff in 1 hit and leave TOWs on tanks unchanged ? Also meta didn't changed much, you hit first you win it was always like this, now it's even worse because RNG is always tracking your gun or tracks after 1 hit or you just aim at weak spot.

I don't play tanks anymore cuz you waste more time going back to main or waiting for repairs than fighting.
Menuen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 10:23   #27
PBAsydney

PBAsydney's Avatar
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menuen View Post
Also meta didn't changed much, you hit first you win it was always like this
No, ATGM always won pre 1.4 because you could just one shot the tank with ATGM after he fired his AP at you.

Where is this TOW one shot thing coming from? It's absolutely fine right now, if the tank angles perfectly enough for the TOW not being able to hit side armor it means that tank knows exactly where the tow is beforehand and should have the upper hand.

Damage values are fine, just make it so tanks don't get tracked by other tanks in one front armor shot. Problem fixed.




HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 20:05   #28
transpilot
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAsydney View Post
No, ATGM always won pre 1.4 because you could just one shot the tank with ATGM after he fired his AP at you.

Where is this TOW one shot thing coming from? It's absolutely fine right now, if the tank angles perfectly enough for the TOW not being able to hit side armor it means that tank knows exactly where the tow is beforehand and should have the upper hand.

Damage values are fine, just make it so tanks don't get tracked by other tanks in one front armor shot. Problem fixed.
Sry but Menuen is right.
The only way INF can defend themselves from tanks are max 2 TOWs with delated launcher.
If that build TOW hits a tank first before he can kill the INF guy inside it should be insta kill on side or back and gun tracked on front hit.

Now its just: look a TOW, should the guy before he can even launch the missle...

Cheers,

Papi
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 23:25   #29
Tony_AbbottPBUH
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAsydney View Post
Balanced gameplay elements sometimes are more important than realism.
Except when it comes to infantry players right? Their experience on asset maps was made worse, at the expense of realism. Pretty contradictory.
Tony_AbbottPBUH is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-18, 06:29   #30
CAS_ual_TY
PR Server License Administrator

CAS_ual_TY's Avatar
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

You can easily destroy a tank with a tow right now. You dont need to always be able to 1 shot a tank anywhere in order to kill it. The only check tanks dont have is cas. As long as cas is as weak as it is right now due to broken aa the main counter for tanks is missing.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:44.