project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
08 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2013-09-01, 00:49   #1
Redamare
Supporting Member

Exclamation Insergent Supply/Construction System

This suggestion is an expansion off of the supply system already in place in Project reality. The whole, One supply crate is able to construct one fob, Two supply crates are able to construct multiple assets. Two small supply boxes = One normal Crate and 4 small supply boxes are needed to create assets.

In Insurgency games the insurgents do not require supplies to build their Fobs Mortars and SPG emplacements. In turn the individuals on the mortars and SPG emplacements often run low on ammunition without any viable resupply in the intimidate area they are abandoned soon after.

This is where my suggestion chimes in.
For starters

***CONSTRUCTION***
Gary, (NON EXPLOSIVE SUICIDE GARY) But the Fake Gary's, being a dump truck and all would be the perfect tool in dispersing raw materials such as Sandbags, Bricks, Wood, corrugated steel plates, Etc. There could be instead of a supply crate, A pile of Materials that gets dropped from the back of the Gary truck Just like a normal supply drop. (With added rubble/brick sounds maybe even some smoke.

Using one material pile you are able to build a Hideout and Road blocks within and expanded radius of 75 Meters.

***ARMAMENT***
The supply Tecki or a variant of the supply Tecki can be developed to drop One Small Size weapons crate (similar to the mechanics of dropping crates from a Huey). Having a single Weapons crate will not do much more than the ability to reload and request kits (For specified INS Factions) But with Two weapons crates you are then able to Construct Mortars and SPG emplacements near a constructed Hide out.

ANOTHER Technique could be Instead of needing Two weapons crates perhaps Insurgents only require One Materials Pile and One Weapons crate in order to build SPG emplacements and Mortars. Both Techniques will allow easier access to Ammunition reloading for SPG emplacements and Mortar pits.

(NOTE PILE OF BRICKS/RUBBLE IS AN EXAMPLE FOR MATERIAL PILES SUCH AS SANDBAGS,WOOD,METAL SHEETS,ETC)

Please Discuss what other Replacements for Crates on Insurgent teams would be a viable option. What do you think about this Idea overall? Please share your input.

Thank you for reading,
-RED

(UPDATE) If something as simple as using Rubble piles of Bricks to create specified assets such as Foxholes and road blocks this may fit the bill.

(SOURCE)http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...acy-Hamas.html

Last edited by Redamare; 2013-09-02 at 02:21..
Old 2013-09-01, 13:51   #2
epicelite

Default Re: Insergent Supply/Construction System

I don't think it should be a fake Gary for it at least because that's a PRIME target for the other team whereas a ammo truck can be ignored.
epicelite is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 18:30   #3
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

or we could just do crates or something, rubble doesn't sound like a good idea. Although I agree the insurgents need some kind of logistics system

Bluedrake42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 22:18   #4
Conman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redamare View Post
SUGGESTION
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedrake42 View Post
or we could just do crates or something, rubble doesn't sound like a good idea. Although I agree the insurgents need some kind of logistics system
Yes and No. But mainly NO.

Logistics should be required to build the SPG and road blocks. but NOT to make the hideout.

One of the main advantages of the insurgent team is that they are able to build anywhere at anytime.

Its already hard enough to play as ins, especially on maps where blufor has air power.

Take Ramiel for example. The Kiowas just run around all game and rape and hideout they can see. You think making it harder to set up a FOB for the ins is going to make this better?

No.

The hideout system is to represent that the insurgents can be anywhere. They emerge from the general population and houses.

So for the most part, I would not like this change. Insurgents are not a conventional faction, dont try to make them into one. This MIGHT work better if the insurgents would be able to request weapons off the supply drops, jsut having a pile of rubble just to build a basic FOB is stupid. But again then you are moving closer and closer to conventional factions.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 23:18   #5
Dogbox

How about the pickup ammo techie with a huge crate on the back ? Now that'd be awesome.

Head IS modeler and animations.
Dogbox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 02:01   #6
Redamare
Supporting Member

Not a pile of rubble I was using that as an example ... More of a Pile of Sandbags,Wood planks, corrugated steel steel sheets and other construction materials found in INS Deplorable asset construction ... like how the Conventional army Crates include a canopy and construction materials in the Drop Crate model.

Last edited by Redamare; 2013-09-02 at 02:11..
Old 2013-09-02, 08:28   #7
Conman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redamare View Post
Not a pile of rubble I was using that as an example ... More of a Pile of Sandbags,Wood planks, corrugated steel steel sheets and other construction materials found in INS Deplorable asset construction ... like how the Conventional army Crates include a canopy and construction materials in the Drop Crate model.
It doesnt matter what it looks like. The point is you are trying to make the INS team more conventional....which is bad.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 09:06   #8
ghostfool84
Supporting Member

Ins already have no rallyes and their only advantage is that they can set up a hideout without logistics and i think that that should stay. For additional assets are logistic system is ok i think, but why not only using the wooden ammo crates for that?

[KSK]
ghostfool84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 00:56   #9
ryan d ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostfool84 View Post
Ins already have no rallyes and their only advantage is that they can set up a hideout without logistics and i think that that should stay. For additional assets are logistic system is ok i think, but why not only using the wooden ammo crates for that?

Don't be silly.

Ammo techie is personal transport

Project Reality's Unofficial Self-Appointed Anti vehicle mufti
Over 8 years and still not banned
Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)
saXoni: "According to ********'s title their server is for skilled people only, so this doesn't make any sense. Are you sure you were playing on ********?"

Indy Media
ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 01:37   #10
matty1053

I would love this to my death.
I find it pretty silly that the insurgents can place a fob ANYWHERE, not requiring a simple Crate or 2.

I think they should have the Civilian Van's give supplies. Almost like Drug dropz. :P

But I support this idea to the max.

+1
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
insergent, supply or construction, system