project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
07 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2013-07-02, 18:20   #31
Viperelite

Default Re: Gametype: Hold Position

Even just modified insurgency layers with only 1 cache at a time would be almost like a hold position game made. Would be fun to have a few layers like that. It would focus everyone onto 1 cache and make it a little more interesting sometimes.

I remember a few servers use to run something called DBmod that only had 1 cache running at a time. And honestly it was the most fun Ive ever had on insurgency. It is so much more intense when you have everyone fighting over 1 location.
Viperelite is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 20:01   #32
Tarranauha200

My idea:

BLUFOR needs to defend 30-60mins against OPFOR attack. After that BLUFOR gets "reinforcements"(CAS and armored vehicles spawn) and is given task to counter-attack and capture enemy positions.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 21:11   #33
saamohod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarranauha200 View Post
My idea:

BLUFOR needs to defend 30-60mins against OPFOR attack. After that BLUFOR gets "reinforcements"(CAS and armored vehicles spawn) and is given task to counter-attack and capture enemy positions.
Sounds pretty exciting.
+1 on this.
saamohod is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 21:18   #34
hobbnob

Quote:
Originally Posted by saamohod View Post
Sounds pretty exciting.
+1 on this.
Another +1 to that, stick a couple of opfor spawns on either side of the blufor base about 500m away, then perhaps a techie or two. That way they're not an uber horde like the current RP system but there's still some nasty firepower to bring down.

hobbnob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 08:28   #35
waldov

Couldn't this be done by essentially making an insurgency map AAS with the insurgents attacking and Blufor defending?

waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 20:40   #36
hobbnob

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldov View Post
Couldn't this be done by essentially making an insurgency map AAS with the insurgents attacking and Blufor defending?
Yep, Christmas hill is a good example of that working rather nicely.

hobbnob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 22:40   #37
ryan d ale

Hold Position?

Otherwise known as Seige.

Project Reality's Unofficial Self-Appointed Anti vehicle mufti
Over 8 years and still not banned
Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)
saXoni: "According to ********'s title their server is for skilled people only, so this doesn't make any sense. Are you sure you were playing on ********?"

Indy Media
ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 11:12   #38
Ushiri
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgee! View Post
I wan't to share the idea that the other thread gave to me.... but as the other thread is confused with CnC as it's creator made it that way, i'm starting this new one.

This would be opposite to INSURGENCY GAMEMODE, how? Well, NATO/BLUFOR will have to defend a BIG Base from INSURGENTS, and INSURGENT's objective would be to destroy some Communications posts that would quit 25 tickets to NATO each one.

Obviously mappers will have to get some bigger bases and more complicated to penetrate with more defenses.
Its a very good idea for a new mapmode and very realistic, It would be an awesome thing to lift the siege. Also you dont need to make a new map for it, you can use existing maps and just modify them.

I hope this gets the attention it deserves. This sounds absolutely wonderful. I think combat frontline can move to quick...and this sure as hell would make a good combat situation to deal with.

Most important thing is that they game session just wont be to short.

Ushiri is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 01:02   #39
waldov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushiri View Post
Its a very good idea for a new mapmode and very realistic, It would be an awesome thing to lift the siege. Also you dont need to make a new map for it, you can use existing maps and just modify them.

I hope this gets the attention it deserves. This sounds absolutely wonderful. I think combat frontline can move to quick...and this sure as hell would make a good combat situation to deal with.

Most important thing is that they game session just wont be to short.
Yeah as i recall something like this might be worked out for siege at Ochimara. Personally I really hope we get something like this for Korengal valley though, Restrepo here we come!

waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 02:43   #40
Arab
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

That idea is awesome! Got my support
Arab is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gametype, hold, position